Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Writing Squeeze in the chat, do u think it's against the rules? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511096)

Daddy Warbucks 09-28-2007 07:49 AM

Re: Writing Squeeze in the chat, do u think it\'s against the rules?

[ QUOTE ]
If it's your turn to act then you can say whatever you want in the chat. Wouldn't do it every time though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's players behind him left to act, so he's influencing the action. OP should STFU next time.

And yes, it collides DIRECTLY with that rule.

dlk9s 09-28-2007 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it's your turn to act then you can say whatever you want in the chat. Wouldn't do it every time though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's players behind him left to act, so he's influencing the action. OP should STFU next time.

And yes, it collides DIRECTLY with that rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

It doesn't even matter if he was still in the hand or not. He said something completely intending to influence play. He essentially said that the big raiser was bluffing.

I don't understand why you would do this, OP. Do you just get off on being an ass at the table?

xSCWx 09-28-2007 08:21 AM

I e-mailed Stars support about someone doing this and they gave him a warning. So yeah, it is against the rules although you probably won't get banned unless you are a repeat offender.

Rek 09-28-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I e-mailed Stars support about someone doing this and they gave him a warning. So yeah, it is against the rules although you probably won't get banned unless you are a repeat offender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars do nothing but give warnings. Then they warn you that they have already warned you. And if you are really bad they don't let you chat for a day or two.

So yes the OP should have STFU and I hate this kind of ass behaviour. But it will continue unabated because of the penalties (i.e. a warning). It is like slapping a thief's wrist and asking him to please not do it again

Freyalise 09-28-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars do nothing but give warnings. Then they warn you that they have already warned you. And if you are really bad they don't let you chat for a day or two.

So yes the OP should have STFU and I hate this kind of ass behaviour. But it will continue unabated because of the penalties (i.e. a warning). It is like slapping a thief's wrist and asking him to please not do it again

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't continue unabated because players receive a chat revocation for repeated infractions. If you can't chat, you can't make inappropriate comments in the chat.

Rek 09-28-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't continue unabated because players receive a chat revocation for repeated infractions. If you can't chat, you can't make inappropriate comments in the chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, quick response but that is good with Stars anyway. So, if this guy says squeeze again in the same situation (or another violation that can mean another player loses money) he will have his chat permanently removed with no more warnings?

dlk9s 09-28-2007 08:58 AM

Freyalise,

You noted the hand number and OP's screen name, right?

fatshaft 09-28-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Freyalise,

You noted the hand number and OP's screen name, right?

[/ QUOTE ]LOL, nh sir. Guess you really should keep your mouth shut eh skibbel?

Sciolist 09-28-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've perm revoked someone's chat for repeated violations, and I've also barred someone from the site when they created a dupe so that they could get around the chat ban.

train. 09-28-2007 10:04 AM

Rek, do you continue to play at stars?