Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   sorta deep w/ xorbie (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473675)

fees 08-09-2007 09:45 PM

Re: sorta deep w/ xorbie

I think I call here because I see the big hearts raising the flop, my assumption is when you just called his bet that you had some medium heart and that you couldnt call in two spots

gimmetheloot 08-09-2007 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I call here because I see the big hearts raising the flop, my assumption is when you just called his bet that you had some medium heart and that you couldnt call in two spots

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish my thoughts got worded like this.

Rollos 08-09-2007 09:52 PM

That flop bet is really weak. Please make a real bet.

Bukem_ 08-09-2007 09:56 PM

really dislike pre with stack sizes.

BGnight 08-09-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really dislike pre with stack sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but was on autopilot 3bet yourass mode

BGnight 08-09-2007 10:55 PM

So I tanked on river. Changed my mind about 3 times and finally the clock ran out and I couldn't act, so I folded, ldo. Xorbie immediately tells me that it shoulda been an easy call and it was a horrible bluff actually, we don't have the stones to make calls at this level, etc, lol. So, I guess I was good unless he was just yankin my chain (he says he had K9o/no heart). I really think if I had 20 more seconds I woulda called, but w/e.

Unknown Soldier 08-09-2007 10:57 PM

So I tanked on river. Changed my mind about 3 times and finally the clock ran out and I couldn't act, so I folded, ldo. Xorbie immediately tells me that it shoulda been an easy call and it was a horrible bluff actually, we don't have the stones to make calls at this level, etc, lol. So, I guess I was good unless he was just yankin my chain (he says he had K9o/no heart). I really think if I had 20 more seconds I woulda called, but w/e.

at least someone agrees w/ me!

aislephive 08-09-2007 10:59 PM

River is without a doubt a fold imo. Your range for c/c the turn are sets and flushes, and he knows that, and I don't think he is going to try to push you off those hands often. On the river, you either boated up or have some kind of flush, likely a strong one. Occasionally he is going to be bluffing here but I think you're being taken to valuetown > 80% of the time here.

smellmuth 08-09-2007 11:01 PM

flop bet poorly sized i would make it much larger or not at all. prolly larger > check > bet 30.

aislephive 08-09-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that it was an easy call for you and a horrible bluff by him? I agree that it's a horrible spot for him to bluff, and that's why I would have folded. Not an easy call by any means though unless he makes those "horrible bluffs" all the time.

Fwiw I've never played with Xorbie I don't think, but I know he is a good player and from a good player I think you'll see them bluffing the river here pretty rarely unless they have a very good read.