Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Application of Pokeys advice, 3 barreling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524866)

Ranma4703 10-17-2007 09:11 AM

Re: Application of Pokeys advice, 3 barreling

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure what post by Pokey your talking about but I could imagine it's more in the lines of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see Pokey's post, but I believe it was about how often times hero and villian both show down a busted draw on the river, and in that situation hero should bet a small amount on the river to fold the no pair hands that still beat him.

ShipitFMA 10-17-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure what post by Pokey your talking about but I could imagine it's more in the lines of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see Pokey's post, but I believe it was about how often times hero and villian both show down a busted draw on the river, and in that situation hero should bet a small amount on the river to fold the no pair hands that still beat him.

[/ QUOTE ]

No pair + weak pair, i dont think 3 into 11 quite cuts it

RockRattler 10-17-2007 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, its not like that at all, infact you probably had the best hand there...

[/ QUOTE ]

ok - my bad.. and sure my hand could have been best but that wasn't the point. pretend that I have low trash

monkeymaps 10-17-2007 09:27 AM

his line is just as often a J or A then it is a flush draw semi thinking Tag/weaktightes call down lighter in this spot im not saying he never has a missed FD here but im not sure if this works often/

Id prob bet less on the river even though it makes it eaiser to call, if we assume the only part of his range he is folding is missed spades and maybe Jacks I think a small bet folds out that range as often as a larger bet.

Ranma4703 10-17-2007 09:31 AM

This is what I was referencing by the way:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
3. Not river bluffing when it's hopeless and you've been betting. say you've been betting a flush and gutshot draw and its the river with 30 bucks in the pot and the probable drawer checks to you. almost all 25NL players check behind here and i can't say how many times two draws were shown down in these types of pots. the bluff doesnt and shouldnt be big, you just want them to lay down a higher nopair than you have. remember that this only has to work a small amount of time if you're betting 1/3 pot, and the times I try it i'd guess it works about 50% of the time, so take that EV.

Gelford 10-17-2007 10:32 AM

Grunch

What advice has pokey given that makes you want to 3 barrel here ?

wslee00 10-17-2007 11:07 AM

if the river wasn't an ace i'd like this a lot better.

i don't mind the turn bet if you think he can fold a weaker ace.

monkeymaps 10-17-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the river wasn't an ace i'd like this a lot better.

i don't mind the turn bet if you think he can fold a weaker ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

level? OP playing at 25NL trying to make anyone fold TP?

wslee00 10-17-2007 11:12 AM

oh it's 25NL... i feel this would work at 50NL though against an opponent w/ those stats.

bazooka87 10-17-2007 11:15 AM

He's getting 3 to 1 on his money here, and his stats aren't too awful so I dunno. I'd prefer to bet a Q, J or total blank on the river here, if I'm villain I'm probably calling you with a king.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats, particularly Att. to steal blinds and aggression factor by street?