Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Folded AK to raise PF (Standard??) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=557712)

llHessll 11-30-2007 02:55 AM

Re: Folded AK to raise PF (Standard??)

Ok, 40/2 tells me he's very loose and passive, but to GTFO when he raises PF.

llHessll 11-30-2007 02:56 AM

limit standard.. ptbb i believe is the right term

rdrr 11-30-2007 03:01 AM

In short, 100 hands is MUCH too small a samplesize to even consider doing anything as ridiculous as this.

llHessll 11-30-2007 03:18 AM

ok, well I can't remember the last time I raised only 2 out of 100 hands but maybe you're right. I'm going off the information I have, and I don't think that says it's "ridiculous" to toss ace high here OOP.

CalledDownLight 11-30-2007 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, well I can't remember the last time I raised only 2 out of 100 hands but maybe you're right. I'm going off the information I have, and I don't think that says it's "ridiculous" to toss ace high here OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that I did it today at some point and I'm looser than you by far.

llHessll 11-30-2007 03:31 AM

1 out of 50 hands? Once every 6 rounds? C'mon, you've got to be slightly exaggerating...

He raised from early-mid position (5x also) and he's raised 2 out of ~ last 120 hands or something. I'd put him on AK, AA-TT, maybe 99. Perhaps I can squeeze a little profit out of him if an ace or king flops, but you'd think that would be countered by those few times he's got aces or kings and a king flops, or jacks on an AJ5 flop...

llHessll 11-30-2007 03:35 AM

It just kind of shocks me how much people over value AK, and I love it when guys stack off to me at full ring with AK against my big pair... It's the SITUATION that leads me to think a fold might be correct. Mind you, I usually play AK fast and aggressive... but player dependency... come one..

CalledDownLight 11-30-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but player dependency... come one..

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. This is why you should 3bet here.

llHessll 11-30-2007 03:42 AM

OK, I three bet, he's got the range I gave him. Random flop, I miss 2/3 of the time obv. and continuation bet. He's calling here the majority of the time and I'm now lost. Keep in mind he's almost certainly calling my three bet, if not 4-betting himself, and I'm not getting any action on a flop I hit unless we're chopping or he's got me CRUSHED. This is definately negative G-Bucks. I like G-Bucks.

CalledDownLight 11-30-2007 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I three bet, he's got the range I gave him. Random flop, I miss 2/3 of the time obv. and continuation bet. He's calling here the majority of the time and I'm now lost. Keep in mind he's almost certainly calling my three bet, if not 4-betting himself, and I'm not getting any action on a flop I hit unless we're chopping or he's got me CRUSHED. This is definately negative G-Bucks. I like G-Bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I like $$$ so thats why I take the actions I do.