Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   JJ in sb versus BelowAbove (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499356)

JMSlick 09-12-2007 01:35 PM

Re: JJ in sb versus BelowAbove

I'd probably call and bet post flop, whatever the flop. If it comes A,K,2 for example, I'd still bet for 2 reasons. One, I want to know where I am in the hand, and two, he could quite easlily be pushing with 76s, 87s, 44 - 10,10 etc. etc and you'd likely take the pot down there and then. The post flop bet would have to be something like 600-700.

djk123 09-12-2007 01:36 PM

folding to the reraise would be absolutely absurd since you can at the least just play for set value. but against BA i would much rather make it like 1300 and call a shove

ZJ123 09-12-2007 02:11 PM

raising and calling a shove is bad. Sure this is belowabove, but this is how he gets chips because people hand them to him, b/c of his Rep. Hes hardly ever re-raising light in this spot and his shoving range certainly is ahead of JJ.
Calling/folding>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;Raising/shoving.

KingDan 09-12-2007 02:16 PM

Disagree

I think calling >re-raising calling shove > shoving >>> folding

folding wouldnt cross my mind here

djk123 09-12-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising and calling a shove is bad. Sure this is belowabove, but this is how he gets chips because people hand them to him, b/c of his Rep. Hes hardly ever re-raising light in this spot and his shoving range certainly is ahead of JJ.
Calling/folding>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;Raising/shoving.

[/ QUOTE ]

just not true. and why are u grouping folding with calling? Folding is so far the worst option it doesn't fit on the page.

adanthar 09-12-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disagree

I think calling >re-raising calling shove > shoving >>> folding

folding wouldnt cross my mind here

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%

ZJ123 09-12-2007 02:28 PM

i think shoving is worse then folding. Were Calling like 1/12 of our chips OOP, but it has more to do that reraising/shoving seems like a total spew to me, you let Below play perfect. He folds AQ and TT if u make it 1300 and you let him shove AK, AA, KK and QQ. Just because hes zomg legendary "spewtard" belowabove, does not mean hes going crazy with 88 here.

nath 09-12-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raising sucks for obvious reason of Below is only calling with a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
lolololololololololololol

nath 09-12-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think shoving is worse then folding. Were Calling like 1/12 of our chips OOP, but it has more to do that reraising/shoving seems like a total spew to me, you let Below play perfect. He folds AQ and TT if u make it 1300 and you let him shove AK, AA, KK and QQ. Just because hes zomg legendary "spewtard" belowabove, does not mean hes going crazy with 88 here.

[/ QUOTE ]
have you played with Belowabove, like, ever?

Bikini Wax 09-12-2007 05:21 PM

below really squeezes that light in early levels? oh and yeah nath great input in this thread A+