Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   good result- but the right play all the time? NL25 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=409821)

KingOfSwords 05-23-2007 05:33 AM

Re: good result- but the right play all the time? NL25

Preflop is weak, as mentioned before.

I'm not sure why you checked the flop. I'd lead with a pot-sized bet. I've seen friendlier flops, but it's not KKQ or anything.

And while I agree that we can fold and wait for a better spot given all the action on the flop, and the multiple opponents, I'm not sure what we're afraid of our opponents having. 76 for two pair? A set? Certainly possible, but given the size of the pot and our strong hand, do you feel good about laying this down?

BoerfSt 05-23-2007 06:34 AM

I prefer calling in this spot.

plzleenowhammy 05-23-2007 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Re-raising with AA pf is bad here. Stack sizes are all wrong. Just call. Push unlimited $$$ on flop with AA all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ignore that. It's unbelievably bad. Not re-raising with AA pre-flop here is pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

re-raising here gives your hand away. i mean, come on. I'm folding qq- here everytime. Maybe not kk though but only because i'm a suckout wizard with kk against aa.

avfletch 05-23-2007 06:42 AM

You people really do hate money don't you.

Reasons to reraise preflop

- You have a big hand (the nuts if you will)
- You have multiple interested parties and would rather not have all of them join you on the flop unless they pay for it
- You will be OOP for the rest of the hand
- Liking money

marvin_1935 05-23-2007 06:52 AM

calling is sweet here because we have the nuts and want a family pot. i mean we can't win a big pot without tarping, ldo. however, we need to reraise w/ kk for information so that if 4bet we can make the right (but painfully correct) fold.

marvin_1935 05-23-2007 06:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Re-raising with AA pf is bad here. Stack sizes are all wrong. Just call. Push unlimited $$$ on flop with AA all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just ignore that. It's unbelievably bad. Not re-raising with AA pre-flop here is pretty terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

re-raising here gives your hand away. i mean, come on. I'm folding qq- here everytime. Maybe not kk though but only because i'm a suckout wizard with kk against aa.

[/ QUOTE ]

see above post on why we need to smooth call aa and reraise kk. raising 3bbs otb after 2 limpers is such a strong play that qq=22 here and if you're folding 22 you need to to be folding qq.

crovax4444 05-23-2007 09:36 AM

good lord, if you would fold QQ in that position, then your folding way too much. My nitty 3-bet range alone would make you fold pretty much every decent hand you got.

Reasons why you raise PF - You have the most equity, and you know what...you put $ into the pot when you have the most equity...

Crovax

C4LL4W4Y 05-23-2007 09:55 AM

wtf is this thread? i hope most of you aren't this retarded.

Snafu'd 05-23-2007 10:07 AM

OP, I'm making it at least $2.75 preflop and sometimes a little more if I've seen people call big raises with garbage.

Lordy 05-23-2007 10:10 AM

To all the guys leveling in here : This isn't BBV, so gtfo.

Re-raise more pre-flop please.