Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   soap c/r (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543581)

CardSharpCook 11-11-2007 08:39 PM

Re: soap c/r

The question should be fold or call, not call or 3bet. How much of his range is KJ and QT? You have outs vs. QT. I can certainly fold this turn, but probably end up calling down. The idea that you want to 3bet here to "protect your hand from SB's gutshot" is laughable.

PokerBob 11-11-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a few qualifiers, i am quite laggy compared to most live players

also, i think soap caps JJ and KK every time in this spot... i think QTs, KJs and a very discounted JJ make up his range...

my rationale behind 3-betting the turn was that the sb almost always has 4 outs to his gut shot and in this large of a pot i want to do everything i can to protect my hand (if i am ahead)...

i hope that helps give the conversation some direction

[/ QUOTE ]

soap has you beat here the vast majority of the time. the only way he doesn't is if you are indeed a complete lagtardspewmonkey and he knows it, and thus he feels you could be dumb enough to have AK or AA here.

MitchL 11-11-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also, i think soap caps JJ and KK every time in this spot... i think QTs, KJs and a very discounted JJ make up his range...

my rationale behind 3-betting the turn was that the sb almost always has 4 outs to his gut shot and in this large of a pot i want to do everything i can to protect my hand (if i am ahead)...

[/ QUOTE ]

soap has you beat here the vast majority of the time. the only way he doesn't is if you are indeed a complete lagtardspewmonkey and he knows it, and thus he feels you could be dumb enough to have AK or AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually considered this to be a possibility, but I think what is much more probable is that Soap is reacting to the sb. Crappy drunk businessmen are the kind of players that go ape on the flop w/ Ak ui or something else retarded postflop. They are not generally the types to cold 4-bet w/ trash out of the sb.

fivesense 11-12-2007 01:18 AM

assuming soap isnt on monkey tilt,
he has you beat 98% of the time
he has q10s about 80%, jj about 18%
call turn and call river/ raise if improved

i also hate your cap of 99...

hoppscot22 11-12-2007 01:22 AM

soap raises QTs utg?

i think his range is more JJ then QTs

Nate. 11-12-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude--

That's not "direction." That's reducing the thread to arithmetic any experienced player should be able to do in about ten seconds.

If all I know is that soap is a good player, then I definitely don't cap preflop. By the time we get to the ellipsis in the OP you should be in crying-call mode despite the overlay from the SB. Three-betting is bonkers unless there's bizarre image stuff you didn't tell us about.

--Nate

fivesense 11-12-2007 02:50 AM

under good came conditions soap's range will open up a bit
from op's description this game sounds pretty tasty

so yes i change my percentages to 90% q10s for soap

hoppscot22 11-12-2007 03:36 AM

seems way off five

how is this not JJ... you discount that because you think he would cap it pflop...

you raise utg, get three bet next in, cold 4 bet in the sb drunk or not... are you capping or calling with JJ

from the action thus far i still think his range is weighted heavily toward JJ, and putting in more bets at any point in the hand seems foolish unless a nine or jack peels off.

PokerBob 11-12-2007 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
seems way off five

how is this not JJ... you discount that because you think he would cap it pflop...

you raise utg, get three bet next in, cold 4 bet in the sb drunk or not... are you capping or calling with JJ

from the action thus far i still think his range is weighted heavily toward JJ, and putting in more bets at any point in the hand seems foolish unless a nine or jack peels off.

[/ QUOTE ]

a jack changes nothing.

hoppscot22 11-12-2007 03:47 AM

a jack would make it much less likely he has JJ and it would then change the weighting of his hand ranges