Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Major Site Revenue (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431316)

FullyTilted 06-20-2007 12:33 PM

Re: Major Site Revenue

[ QUOTE ]
I know Stars made 10.2 million last year

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're clueless.

kyleb 06-20-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is even publically traded. I should have invested 5 years ago lol

[/ QUOTE ]

there was that company called googol? googel? gogle?

anyway i think they were a better investments 5 years ago if you are going to play that game

FullyTilted 06-20-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you serious? They make more then that man

[/ QUOTE ]that is what the CEO porfited for the year, so take it for what you want, I know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet there aren't more than a half-dozen people who know what PokerStar's CEO "porfited" last year, and I'll bet a **lot** more that you aren't one of those six.

PennDisc 06-20-2007 12:56 PM

What kind of logic is that anyway? If you know the CEO personally, and he made 10.2 mil (you don't really use the term "profited" when talking about the CEO's earnings/salary I don't think), then why do you think that's what the company made? Obviously the company doesn't just put the entire year's profits into the CEO's pockets.

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of logic is that anyway? If you know the CEO personally, and he made 10.2 mil (you don't really use the term "profited" when talking about the CEO's earnings/salary I don't think), then why do you think that's what the company made? Obviously the company doesn't just put the entire year's profits into the CEO's pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]i KNOW THEY DONT (censored) but I was trying to make a point on what person in the complany made at the top!!!

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Party is even publically traded. I should have invested 5 years ago lol

[/ QUOTE ]

there was that company called googol? googel? gogle?

anyway i think they were a better investments 5 years ago if you are going to play that game

[/ QUOTE ]by the way GOOGLE wasnt pubically traded untill around 3 years ago idiot!

features 06-20-2007 02:24 PM

Party was making millions a day before they kicked out all the US players.

nimajneb 06-20-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party was making millions a day before they kicked out all the US players.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly (and I may not) Party's best year was a little shy of $600M US in profit. This would mean a million and a bit each day. I've only a guess regarding their expenses but this does likely mean millions in revenue (rake) each day.

FullyTilted 06-20-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i KNOW THEY DONT (censored) but I was trying to make a point on what person in the complany made at the top!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you PokerStars' CEO? His/her spouse (if applicable), banker or accountant? Are you the company's CFO (it's possible that some lower level accounting/payroll person might know as well), or on PokerStars' Board of Directors?

If not, just how would you have a clue about how much money the PokerStars CEO takes out of the company each year? It's hard (read: impossible) to imagine any of those people posting this kind of information on 2+2.

Again, I'd bet big that you aren't, and you don't.

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you PokerStars' CEO? His/her spouse (if applicable), banker or accountant? Are you the company's CFO (it's possible that some lower level accounting/payroll person might know as well), or on PokerStars' Board of Directors?

If not, just how would you have a clue about how much money the PokerStars CEO takes out of the company each year? It's hard (read: impossible) to imagine any of those people posting this kind of information on 2+2.

Again, I'd bet big that you aren't, and you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]BELIEVE what you want, I have no one to impress here