Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL10- a few tough folds; thoughts? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=530778)

youngmachetes 10-25-2007 01:06 AM

Re: NL10- a few tough folds; thoughts?

is my thought process for hand one okay?

Lego05 10-25-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's alright. I'm not ruling out KK because of no 4bet pre-flop. He's gonna have QQ/JJ a decent amount but he's got AQ and KK too and might go a little crazy with something else cause it's a blind battle. So there's no way I'm gonna fold.

creamfillin 10-25-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

leveling? I don't get it, he min-raises frequently.. calls 3-bets light.. and we're giving him credit for QJ/QQ/JJ here? not to mention it's a BLIND BATTLE. This is such a fist pump /throw a party shove.

youngmachetes 10-25-2007 01:12 AM

i wish i didn't view micro stakes poker as some super complex game where everyone is competent and they always are thinking logically. i make this [censored] so [censored] hard, when in reality it's the easiest thing ever.

mojed 10-25-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if your thought process was correct when you assigned a range (JJ, QQ, AQ), your action was incorrect. Even if this range is 100% spot on, JJ and QQ make 6 hands total, AQ makes 6 hands total. So there's a 50% change you're drawing to 2 outs, and there's a 50% chance he's drawing to two outs . Add in the dead money, it's plus EV to get it in.

youngmachetes 10-25-2007 01:16 AM

ugh i need to learn how to use pokerstove for other than tweaking my pf range. this is so easy. god i suck.

drsmooth 10-25-2007 01:25 AM

I would never ever fold hand 1, especially given your description. Hand 2 I don't fold either, even if I am behind I have outs becuase no way does this player have a set, at least not one that has us drawing dead. Both hands you have a strong hand on a board that will entice weaker hands to play along. I articulated that very badly but I think you will knwo what I mean.

Hand 3 I might fold but I think I play low flushes very badly.

orlov 10-25-2007 01:39 AM

hand 1:
just get it in there, he could be doing this with one pair

hand2:
your miles ahead of his range, get it in there, id probably even advocate getting it in there with bottom 2 if opponent is rly fishy.

hand3:
just fold, minbets are literally always a donks way of trying to draw cheap at a flush, and your hand doesnt rly beat any flush.

mojed 10-25-2007 01:46 AM

Don't be too hard on yourself, at least your assigning ranges. Also, I didn't stove it, it pays to remember a few numbers for equity estimations at the table:

If you think someone has a set (eg JJ for a set of jacks), there are 3 combinations of JJ they can have.

If you think someone has tptk (eg AQ on Qxx board) there are 12 combinations of AQ they could have (four aces in the deck, three queens, 4x3 = 12).

In your case, you assign AQ as part of their range, but you have two aces. So there are two aces and three queens, giving 6 combinations of ace queen.