Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Giga the hustler??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288072)

birdytime 12-21-2006 01:11 AM

Re: Giga the hustler???

nice read

heater 12-21-2006 01:20 AM

Great. Now this can turn into another thread about that old post from way back rather than answering the OP.

Mr. Orange 12-21-2006 01:41 AM

Nice read but that doesn't really answer the question.

Tonding 12-21-2006 02:23 AM

Maybe Diablo can fill us in , because he said in there
[ QUOTE ]
Mods,

This should be moved to OOT, that's the forum where short fiction belongs!

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob 12-21-2006 02:28 AM

Yeah, I don't know what Giga did to garner such ill-will from some people.
ElD and others seem to know some specifics about whatever it was he did. But I have zero idea what it might have been and naturally am interested.

Daliman 12-21-2006 02:39 AM

Lat I heard on the subject is that last year, Giga had a bet that was pretty well known about that he would win the Stars leaderboard. There was a TON of cash on this, and Gig lost, due in part to teams of players playing single accounts and supposedly some players paying other players to cockblock Gig on his tourney tables. It has been said that Giga never paid, I believe by El Diablo, and Gigabet has been MUCH lower profile for the last year or so online. I used to talk to gig every couple weeks or so, and when I did in Feb, he said everything was cool, even though I asked him straight up if there was anything wrong, and why he had been making outlandish posts, ( like the one above) and people were talking crap about him. He just said everything was fine, and I haven't been able to get ahold of him since.

suzzer99 12-21-2006 02:44 AM

So he didn't pay up on the leaderboard bet? Not hard to imagine that, given the way he flaked on the Giga-challenge.

I think you've broken some unspoken rule by actually posting specifics on the Giga issue. Nice work though, thx.

El Diablo 12-21-2006 03:19 AM

All,

Most of what Giga posted about his bankroll, his results, his poker achievements, etc., were complete lies, a big fiction created to enable him to con lots of people out of lots of money. Some people were able to recover their money after he made a score or two, others weren't.

rokstedy 12-21-2006 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Most of what Giga posted about his bankroll, his results, his poker achievements, etc., were complete lies, a big fiction created to enable him to con lots of people out of lots of money. Some people were able to recover their money after he made a score or two, others weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this story detailed anywhere else? I'd search for gigabet, but I'm afraid it might crash my computer.

BluffTHIS! 12-21-2006 03:27 AM

The Legend of Gigabet (source thread for excerpt in previous post up above):

Gigabet, pleast tell us about your poker upbringing...

Scroll down in thread below where El D starts talking about gigabet:
Chau Giang is BUSTO!!! and other gossip

Then this:
The demise of Gigabet

El D's Scott Fischman thread:
Scott Fischman rumor

Scott Fischman denies rumours of his and giga's bustoness:
The Simple answer; by Fischman and Gigabet!

And question: why hasn't gigabet himself posted since the ZJ cheating [censored] hit the fan?