Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Things it took me a while to learn part 6, Strategy and Mentality Lies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539484)

ettorek 11-06-2007 11:35 AM

Re: Things it took me a while to learn part 6, Strategy and Mentality

As usual, nice post Sir! Thanks for this.

Nato76 11-06-2007 11:43 AM

Bonds have you done a well?

MJBuddy 11-06-2007 11:49 AM

You get the comments online just as much, really. Your most elaborate plays will always get berated; despite the fact that they're +EV.

levAA 11-06-2007 12:46 PM

Thank you bond - another excellent post - I hope this series will be posted in the anthology once it is finished, so that every newcommer to this forum can read it.

plzleenowhammy 11-06-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I encourage you to have confidence bordering on delusional hubris.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really great sentence, bond. wow. a+

BarryLyndon 11-06-2007 01:15 PM

Timex has a statement in his "well" that says something along the lines of "I don't know which cash game players would be good tourney players because in order to win a tourney, you have to do all sorts of 'crazy [censored].'" Really, that "crazy [censored]" is creating a +EV situation in spots where every other player would think you are "insane." It comes from really thinking about stack sizes, position, blind structures, etc. This is an excellent post, bond. It's interesting how I believe I can lose, say, 3/4 70/30s in a given session and still come up ahead because there is other [censored] in my game that can get me to win. The last MTT I was in, building a stack from 1K to 15K without showdown felt pretty damn good. We all need to really understand what Bond is saying here and keep it to heart. But don't get to overboard - borderline dilusional hubris is not the same as dilusional hubris itself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Barry

plzleenowhammy 11-06-2007 01:47 PM

what about bad mentalities concerning big stacks... both "i should call because i have so many chips.." and "i should just fold because he has so many chips.."

those both seem very wrong to me.

Sherman 11-06-2007 02:42 PM

Re: Things it took me a while to learn part 6, Strategy and Mentality Lies

Good stuff Bond.

W/out reading all the replies, I'd also add, "Fold, you've got nothing invested." Completely illogical.

mflip 11-06-2007 02:51 PM

Re: Things it took me a while to learn part 6, Strategy and Mentality Lies

"Fold, you still have lots of chips left"

sapsuckah 11-06-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you bond - another excellent post - I hope this series will NOT be posted in the anthology once it is finished, so that every newcommer to this forum canNOT read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]