Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Poker Players Improving the World (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533164)

Bulletproof Monk 10-29-2007 12:59 AM

Re: Poker Players Improving the World

ill help to improve the world once the [censored] uigea is lifted

glimmertwin 10-29-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but what about the hookers and the blow?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that with all charities, some proportion of the donations eventually goes towards hookers and blow. Aside from Christian charities, who prefer to spend it on meth and man ass.

2High 10-29-2007 04:47 AM

Through my own experiences with people in distress I have an idea for poker sites. It would help those people in distress and it would also improve poker sites PR and maybe get new people to play poker.

Why wouldn't poker sites make charity tables where is little increased charity rake or normal rake where part is taken for charity. Just like those bad beat jackpot tables. Every month those poker sites would give in big ceremonies to some specific charity target.

Mason Malmuth 10-29-2007 06:54 AM

We strongly frown on the idea of anyone coming on these forums and asking for money or suggesting it be contributed to some cause, especially through some other website.

MM

ConspirEDD 10-29-2007 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We strongly frown on the idea of anyone coming on these forums and asking for money or suggesting it be contributed to some cause, especially through some other website.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason lives!!!!

also, i think Mason has ban/delete powers, but point well taken. especially from someone with <30 posts. 2+2 doesn't need to tolerate this

Johnny Hughes 10-29-2007 11:05 AM

If they send you money over the Internet, call me, we will shoot dice over the phone. Poker players improve each other's worlds.

whatwonder 10-29-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Through my own experiences with people in distress I have an idea for poker sites. It would help those people in distress and it would also improve poker sites PR and maybe get new people to play poker.

Why wouldn't poker sites make charity tables where is little increased charity rake or normal rake where part is taken for charity. Just like those bad beat jackpot tables. Every month those poker sites would give in big ceremonies to some specific charity target.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good idea!
charity tables

yogadude 10-29-2007 09:07 PM

When I donate money to a worthy cause I almost always want to hand it to the person 1-1. I dont want my money getting stuck with all that 9/11 RedCross relief money which nearly vanished.

yoga