Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=504226)

Astyanax 09-19-2007 08:20 AM

Re: OK

Are players so militant in optimum strategy that they don't pay for infomation when getting 15-1? Even if he has the King he will call another bet unless you know him to be a master of this laydown. I can't think of anything other than to raise...note you hand is rather disguised....

PokerBob 09-19-2007 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are players so militant in optimum strategy that they don't pay for infomation when getting 15-1? Even if he has the King he will call another bet unless you know him to be a master of this laydown. I can't think of anything other than to raise...note you hand is rather disguised....

[/ QUOTE ]

my hand is disgusied???? look at the board.

Astyanax 09-19-2007 11:53 AM

This is going to sound v. amateur if you don't catch my thinking...I am talking about your action pre and post flop (although I might admit I am thinking a little in nl terms) - of course river time you are raising on a flushing board but I think a 4 bet can be not believed to be the ace hearts enough to counterbalance the chance he has a straight flush...

I know you don't post results orientated stuff but I am convinced a 4 bet is mandatory - I would like to hear others' thoughts...

Hobbs. 09-19-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
4bet and then 6bet and fold to the 7th.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must know 'freddy' better than you know yourself to take this line...

[/ QUOTE ]
he was making a funny

veganmav 09-19-2007 11:58 AM

Is this thread real?
i feel like i'm in the twilight zone.
we have the 2nd nuts behind 3h5h right?

people suck at poker. the guy will call with K, hi flush at least some % of the time ... so raise

mike l. 09-19-2007 01:00 PM

definitely just call. any other play would clearly be wrong.

J.A.Sucker 09-19-2007 01:04 PM

I haven't played with Freddy in awhile, but I agree with your assessment of his play, unless he is badly stuck.

Assuming he's not steaming, it's close whether to just call or to hit it one more time and then call if reraised. How spunky do you feel? I'd probably just call unless you've been battling a lot recently, in which case my decision probably swings towards popping him back one time.

This may seem weak to many, but there is nothing on the board, and the action only started getting heavy on the end. This almost always means what it should in my experience.

mntbikr15 09-19-2007 01:13 PM

Im sooo confused

Edit-I raise and call a rr...but evidently I suck

Gap23Razor 09-19-2007 01:20 PM

well, with his 3 bet on the river i begin to suspect Fred has the straight flush, but i would give it one more raise then call...his 3 bet could be motivated by him suspecting you of a bluff (he may have heard of Clarkmeister)...

emerson 09-19-2007 01:28 PM

Does he really open raise from EP w/5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

I 4 bet then call. I think he has KQ with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].