Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Simple river question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550541)

shpanko 11-20-2007 01:21 PM

Re: Simple river question

ALso, wtf at people saying this could be a straight or flush? R U serious?

Nick Royale 11-20-2007 01:23 PM

Call.

scatt_man 11-20-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
close between calling and shoving, I guess just call. Also, I don't like betting the flop that much unless you're going to bet the turn big as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would we even consider shoving here?

JFsports 11-20-2007 02:30 PM

I'd call, hard to give him a range cos his line is so weird. Only hand that seems to fit is another AQ.

dmoney 11-20-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How on earth is villain going to show up with a flush here after calling that rainbow flop OOP? This guy might not be godsgift to poker, but he aint stupid. Also, its a reraised pot so I can't see him show up ith 53 too much either.

I think that this is KK/AA (maybe QQ) very often, and I'd fold. I expect him to induce a bluff from you if he is holding TT/JJ, since your line looks like air.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think people won't peel w/ AKcc? or AJcc? to a 34$ cbet into a 47$ pot? You are dreaming, he knows he could have 2 big cards that missed. He could also have AQo as well. It looks to me more like a AKcc or Set of 9s or Qs alot more often then air. I don't think it's KK/AA either. I think he raises flop with those and doesn't lead river when Flush gets there. He would probalby c/c river with those 2 hands.

In re to him being OOP. OP said he wasn't very good so that also makes he think he doesn't understand position very well.

Given all this rambling, I'd say fold.

WOW. i just realized SB was 3 bettor, and he checks flop. How brutal is that. I also hate betting this flop in this spot. You are just bloating the pot for when you are crushed. It makes Set of 9s even more likely in my mind. or AA.

I say fold still.

BombayBadboy 11-21-2007 10:34 AM

dmoney,

AA and KK can smooth this flop perfectly..no real draws out there. Also, people that peel this flop in a rr pot with AcKc are complete fish most of the time, this guy is too loose pre and not aggro enough, but we can't assume he is a total fish.

To all the callers, I'd like to hear some more arguments..what do you guys think villains line represents? Nick? Shpanko? Jfsports?

I agree with the comment that if you are betting this flop, be prepared to bet turn as well.

Nick Royale 11-21-2007 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To all the callers, I'd like to hear some more arguments..what do you guys think villains line represents? Nick? Shpanko? Jfsports?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just don't see what he's repping. Can't see why he would check/call the flop with AA/KK. We can't assume he's a donk, but his stats looks a bit suspect. I think we're beat alot but ahead of smaller PPs, retarded AK or random paired junk enough (29%+).

Bramsterdam 11-21-2007 11:07 AM

I don't get why I should bet the turn again. People tend to play very straightforward in 3bet pots, especially these tagfish guys.

When he checks the flop to me, I assume he missed the flop. However when he calls my flop bet I can be fairly sure that he has some kind of made hand/draw. Why would he c/c flop, c/f turn? It doesn't make sense. AQ is in bad shape against his calling range on the flop, so second barreling seems spewy.

BombayBadboy 11-21-2007 11:19 AM

SSNL advocates peeling flop with TT and JJ and folding to another barrel on the turn alot.

Ranger_Trivette 11-21-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I don't like betting the flop that much unless you're going to bet the turn big as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why isnt the bet on the flop good? I dont get it... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
He has to bet this flop right, and the betsize looks good to me (3/4).
Please explain