Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   When they call three streets and then open pot the river? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505511)

Sherman 09-21-2007 01:26 PM

Re: When they call three streets and then open pot the river?

I'd always fold here in a cash game b/c this line is always a very strong hand by the river.

[ QUOTE ]
If he's got a 9 or QT, wouldn't he CR or just shove?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. He has no reason to believe that Hero will bet again. Most villain's think like this: "I have to slowplay." Then by the river, they realize that they are OOP and can't slowplay anymore. So they make a big bet.

[ QUOTE ]
First, I would probably fold KJo pre unless I had a lot of reads on the table (my lowest open-raising hands here from CO would be KJs or KQo--please tell me if that's terribly nitty).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. This is a raise here. I am open-raising a ton of [censored] in this CO with stacks this deep.

As for the river...we have to win 1/3 times to break even. I'd say about 10% of the time he is FOS, and the rest he has us in trouble. So I'd really try hard to get myself to fold.

erc007 09-21-2007 03:01 PM

Not sure what it means either...but i don't think that it means that we're beat enough times to fold. I don't think that 9c improved his hand. but who knows?

Unless you have 2-barrelled consistently, your line looks pretty strong, so why would BB break his slowplay line here and bet the pot with a Str8? A9dd is possible, b/c donks don't play their pair+FD hands aggressively.

TFGoose 09-21-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB break his slowplay line here and bet the pot with a Str8

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Hero may check behind on that river, and villain wants to make more money on the hand.

--TFGoose

erc007 09-21-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB break his slowplay line here and bet the pot with a Str8

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Hero may check behind on that river, and villain wants to make more money on the hand.

--TFGoose

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx for the clarification [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...i would expect a value bet to be 1/2-2/3 pot with a strong hand that wants a call, unless villain is levelling (doubtful given OP's read) - thinking PSB will look more like a bluff.

registrar 09-21-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the river...we have to win 1/3 times to break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're good around this much. It's nuts or nothing obviously (with nuts being whatever excites him). FWIW, he bet pretty quick, but I also can't decide what that means either.

Sherman 09-21-2007 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the river...we have to win 1/3 times to break even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're good around this much. It's nuts or nothing obviously (with nuts being whatever excites him). FWIW, he bet pretty quick, but I also can't decide what that means either.

[/ QUOTE ]

So since we are never raising for value against him and you think we are better than 33% to win, we have an EZ call...correct?

registrar 09-22-2007 06:20 AM

Every time I consider this hand I think differently. He's bluffing sometimes and he's making an ill-conceived value with worse bet a non zero %. It's not an easy call because we're good around 33% but to judge exactly is impossible. I would say that making a half pot bet on the turn on this site will be read as weakness. OTOH, the board's pretty scary to bet into.

So at the time, I wasn't sure. After watching the guy some more, I'm fairly sure that he had what he considered to be the nuts.