Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   5 Star World Poker Classic (Bellagio) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373052)

FieryJustice 04-12-2007 01:26 AM

Re: 5 Star World Poker Classic (Bellagio)

190k makes me happy. Thanks to everyone for the support.

AllinDan 04-12-2007 03:59 AM

wow, congrats man. Been a pretty good year so far for you, no?

raptor517 04-12-2007 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
190k makes me happy. Thanks to everyone for the support.

[/ QUOTE ]

super awesome job jon, u make me happy.

Yeti 04-12-2007 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

They did the math for a chip count based chop. On top of that, JC wanted the PoY points (RIGGED!) and the bracelet, so he gave Jon $4,000 extra for those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this seem pretty weird to anyone else? I don't agree with 'buying' wins at all, but aside from that, if I had just locked in 186k, 4k isn't enough to stop me having a shot at forever saying I'd won a big tournament & showing friends the bracelet.

Just me?

TheUsher 04-12-2007 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They did the math for a chip count based chop. On top of that, JC wanted the PoY points (RIGGED!) and the bracelet, so he gave Jon $4,000 extra for those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this seem pretty weird to anyone else? I don't agree with 'buying' wins at all, but aside from that, if I had just locked in 186k, 4k isn't enough to stop me having a shot at forever saying I'd won a big tournament & showing friends the bracelet.

Just me?

[/ QUOTE ]

next time someone wants to deal w/me at a final table ima just propose a winner take all type deal. jc's probably a sick [censored] and would have agreed tho. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CONGRATS JON!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

jlit > ursher

UPP 04-12-2007 07:18 AM

so did Jon dump his chips to JC? or did the tournament just end right there and bracelet was awarded to JC? Buying bracelets and POY points makes me lose respect for JC, even though I still think he's sick. I heard a story that Sebok chopped a tourney w/like 3 ppl left, and then ended up winning it. When Barry heard that Joe chopped it, he told him that he didn't really win the tournament and to take the trophey back. Barry is the man.
p.s. I don't chop (unless I get offered 1st place money and the bracelet)

FieryJustice 04-12-2007 07:31 AM

We made the deal in the back room, they gave me my 190k, we walked outside, the shipped JC my chips and I went to the cage. I have no problem with this at all...and I dont have any friends back home to show a braclet to, so ill just take the extra $4000 and buy something nice.

BeL0wMe 04-12-2007 09:31 AM

Wasn't there an additional 25k to be played for? I mean a seat to the WPT championship is still worth a bit of cash, grats anyway

FieryJustice 04-12-2007 02:09 PM

We split the $25,000 seat evenly...thats how I gained $4000.

jsmith5 04-12-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so did Jon dump his chips to JC? or did the tournament just end right there and bracelet was awarded to JC? Buying bracelets and POY points makes me lose respect for JC, even though I still think he's sick. I heard a story that Sebok chopped a tourney w/like 3 ppl left, and then ended up winning it. When Barry heard that Joe chopped it, he told him that he didn't really win the tournament and to take the trophey back. Barry is the man.
p.s. I don't chop (unless I get offered 1st place money and the bracelet)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where you heard this from, but I'm fairly sure Joe doesn't make deals.