Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   25/50 I have a set, river 4 flushes and I call? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486685)

flawless_victory 08-26-2007 02:27 PM

Re: 25/50 I have a set, river 4 flushes and I call?

[ QUOTE ]

when you say he will check back with moderate showdown value, do you consider A7 no spade a hand with showdown value?

[/ QUOTE ]of course

jlocdog 08-26-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

when you say he will check back with moderate showdown value, do you consider A7 no spade a hand with showdown value?

[/ QUOTE ]of course

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't it?

Prevaricator 08-26-2007 02:50 PM

i dont know the dynamic of the game, but i doubt he ever has A7o here. likely made hands for him, are big Kx suited, KKs, QQs, and maybe JJs. If he has a bluff its going to be a suited ace, or maybe two kings or two queens with no spades, that he decided wasn't going to be good enough of the time to show it down. i wouldn't pay it off unless there was some history, in spots where they can't have "air" -- they have to have a hand with some showdown value minimum, i just don't give them credit for turning it into a bluff unless i see how they play first.

king_of_drafts 08-26-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So you think he should never been bluffing here? Becuase he never ever ever has a hand without showdown value. Don't you think that might be a recipe for suicide v. Stinger?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a bad idea to turn a made hand into a bluff when you still have a good amount of showdown value (which I think A7dd does).

Requin 08-26-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So you think he should never been bluffing here? Becuase he never ever ever has a hand without showdown value. Don't you think that might be a recipe for suicide v. Stinger?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a bad idea to turn a made hand into a bluff when you still have a good amount of showdown value (which I think A7dd does).

[/ QUOTE ]Obv. sometimes it's more +ev to bluff than to just check down w/ showdown value.

jsnipes28 08-26-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Obv. sometimes it's more +ev to bluff than to just check down w/ showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think this concept is unfamiliar to kod

Requin 08-26-2007 03:44 PM

Yeah fair enough. Fwiw I agree with everything in Prev's post.

mrTEA 08-26-2007 04:10 PM

played a lot w/ sweetluvin and I agree iw/ kod

pete fabrizio 08-26-2007 06:48 PM

since he probably bets almost every hand that beats you (esp with only 1 psb left), this call seems like an unfavorable parlay to me, even if he is "capable" of turning a hand with showdown value into a bluff.

Stinger88 08-26-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
since he probably bets almost every hand that beats you (esp with only 1 psb left), this call seems like an unfavorable parlay to me, even if he is "capable" of turning a hand with showdown value into a bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think he shoves with Ax7s?