Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind***** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533324)

g-bebe 10-28-2007 07:40 PM

Re: ***** Clash of the Titans, Week 9: NE @ Ind*****

[ QUOTE ]
48-3 Pats. Book it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

does anyone actually believe the colts will win? I mean, it's definetly possible but the patriots are insane

bottomset 10-28-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
48-3 Pats. Book it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

does anyone actually believe the colts will win? I mean, it's definetly possible but the patriots are insane

[/ QUOTE ]

well DVOA wise coming into this week they were pretty close, with the Pats edge in special teams being the only gap really

I imagine when the new numbers come out the gap will widen after NE's total beatdown of the former #1defense

TheNoodleMan 10-28-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way this game can live up to the hype? The last time I was this excited for a game was USC/Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas lived up to the hype.

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas wasn't very hyped, especially considering it was a title game. All ESPN coverage leading up to it barely mentioned Texas.

bottomset 10-28-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way this game can live up to the hype? The last time I was this excited for a game was USC/Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas lived up to the hype.

[/ QUOTE ]
USC/Texas wasn't very hyped, especially considering it was a title game. All ESPN coverage leading up to it barely mentioned Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah wasn't that the year they crowned USC as a top5 alltime team before the game?

SuperUberBob 10-28-2007 08:00 PM

Neither defense can stop their opponent's offense, but the Patriots D can come closest. Patriots have the edge on special teams over the Colts.

However, the Colts top WR (Harrison) might not be playing next week while the Patriots are pretty healthy now with Maroney and Seymour back. The Colts have HFA, but I think the Patriots are capable of overcoming. It'll be a close match, but I think the Patriots edge this one out.

vixticator 10-28-2007 08:04 PM

The Pats just spanked what is a very good Washington defense. Sick stuff. At this point I do not think any team has an edge over them, the Colts shouldn't be huge dogs or anything but I think they definitely are a home dog. Slightly.

Manning needs to play semi-perfect every drive which is certainly possible, even probable. They need Marvin Harrison back for sure. I hope he will be. This should be like the best reg season matchup ever. Hopefully it's close and we see a playoff repeat. IMO the outcome is only significant if the Pats blow the Colts out, like 25+.

sunnycalifornia 10-28-2007 08:17 PM

Most of you don't think the Colts are heavy dogs, but I think they are, especially with all the momentum the Pats have. I pick the Pats to win by at least 2 TD's.

also, while this game is important, they're going to meet again in the playoffs where the implications are much more important so unless either team blows the other one out (I can see the Pats blowing the Colts out but not vice versa) it really won't mean too much

chim17 10-28-2007 08:17 PM

I would bet a large number of units if I could get 2 touchdowns. Anything can happen in one game but this should be pretty close.

CharlieDontSurf 10-28-2007 08:20 PM

My prediction..Wes Welker will have his best game of the season.

lastchance 10-28-2007 08:20 PM

Last year's games were awesome. Both the Colts and the Patriots are better this year.