Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   [.25/.50] ATo preflop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422445)

bung 06-07-2007 10:12 PM

Re: [.25/.50] ATo preflop

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, the converter has this one right.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.25. MP2 posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

With all that dead money in the pot, position or no, OP usually has the best hand here. I raise everytime.

Point Blank 06-07-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
those are not caller but blinds..
AT offsuit plays badly multiway pot,i would raise since any fold will make your hand better,less player in the pot is better for u.
If they were normal caller, i would never raise in this spot

[/ QUOTE ]

the thing is ... it doesn't matter if you raise or not ... you have value to raise but the value of your holding if reduced in strength due to your position

if you think any of these guys are folding - you're nuts (they've already told you that they are retards waiting to give you their money) ... you'll have much better spots to take it from them than this

Montrealcorp 06-07-2007 10:26 PM

if you think any of these guys are folding - you're nuts (they've already told you that they are retards waiting to give you their money) ... you'll have much better spots to take it from them than this

where u got that PB?i have no proof some of them wont fold

Point Blank 06-07-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

where u got that PB?i have no proof some of them wont fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 posts a blind of $0.25. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button calls

[/ QUOTE ]

this action pretty much should tell you everyone at this table sucks a lot (if you don't know this ... you will)
BTN might the biggest loser at the table!

bung 06-07-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing is ... it doesn't matter if you raise or not ... you have value to raise but the value of your holding if reduced in strength due to your position

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the value of OP's holding is reduced (slightly) in strength due to position, however I think the majority of that value is restored post-flop due to skill.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they are retards, and can't wait to give you their money, then this is the perfect spot to take it from them pf as well as post-flop. I agree, that there usually is a correlation btwn posting and bad play, however, I'm sure you can still get folds pf, and if you don't, you're still usually making money post-flop. OP's equity against the 3 posters is rougly 34%....that's very decent provided he's got reads on teh other 2 limpers.

Xhad 06-07-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this action pretty much should tell you everyone at this table sucks a lot (if you don't know this ... you will)

[/ QUOTE ]

MP1 is a clown but MP2's post might be ok and everyone else could very well be fine. If I'm UTG or BTN there are quite a few hands I could have to limp with as doing anything but calling with things like J9s and 22 would be terrible in either case.

Xhad 06-07-2007 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to estimate that you have a tiny edge here. So raise or complete probably doesn't make much difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I agree that the EV difference is small in either case but the thought processes behind each are worth talking about.

tehox 06-07-2007 11:58 PM

On the button I think it would be close, from the SB I think that a raise is a mistake. Preflop equity is important but your edge is not that big (potentially non-existant depending on what you know about UTG and button) and position matters too.

Point Blank 06-08-2007 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP1 is a clown but MP2's post might be ok and everyone else could very well be fine. If I'm UTG or BTN there are quite a few hands I could have to limp with as doing anything but calling with things like J9s and 22 would be terrible in either case.

[/ QUOTE ]

all posters would have come into the game with 5players not knowing that the other players would also be posting ... so what they did was pick a seat and ticked auto-play not giving any thought what-so-ever (I'm pretty sure that trend will continue)

as for BTN ... yeah OK - I like to exaggerate ... there are a number of hands I would just limp in this spot ... but I'm raising almost any suited-connector (and pocket) as I'm pretty sure this pot is going to the flop with at least 7people

Xhad 06-08-2007 12:11 AM

I could swear I've played at tables before and ended up saying on my first hand, "Hrm, normally I wouldn't post in MP2 but since two people already posted I'll post also." Maybe that was on a site other than stars though.