Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   .5/1 Razz hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554362)

Andy B 11-26-2007 09:42 PM

Re: .5/1 Razz hand

This simply isn't true. Anyway, if that's what you think, why open a $.50/1 razz thread?

Praxising 11-27-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is demeaning to participants in the special olympics

[/ QUOTE ] Being a .50/1 player, I have to agree somewhat. Sorry Andy - there are some pretty good players there but what the heck was this guy's "strategy?" Was he thinking on 4th - if I catch perfect-perfect-perfect I'll have a winning Ten hi! I have decided you don't get good at Razz to win money, you get good at Razz to not lose a lot while waiting for this guy and all his alter egos to come and force their money on you whether you like it or not! (And I do.)

So, what's it like at 3/6?

Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25

(converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (3.30 SB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.65 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (4.65 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

River - (6.65 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (8.65 BB)
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $8.65 | Rake $0.40
Seat 1: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 2: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 3: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 4: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 5: showed [Kd 2h 2s Td 5c Ac Ks] and lost with Lo: K,T,5,2,A
Seat 6: Hero showed [4h 5d 6d Qc 8d Ah 5s] and won ($8.25) with Lo: 8,6,5,4,A
Seat 7: folded on the 3rd Street (didn't bet)
Seat 8: folded on the 3rd Street

jbrennen 11-27-2007 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...there are some pretty good players there but what the heck was this guy's "strategy?" Was he thinking on 4th - if I catch perfect-perfect-perfect I'll have a winning Ten hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's thinking that you'll fold. If that's your example of poor play at 0.50/1.00, I'm not sure I agree. If I'm playing his hand, I probably would have given it up on 5th street, but taking a total bluff all the way to the river once in a while isn't necessarily a bad idea.

I did this earlier tonight (at $1/$2) and won when my opponent folded to my river bet. I was aggressively betting the whole way with this hand: 4 Q 4 7 2 2 J

Getting caught in a total bluff like this is not entirely a bad thing; it will buy you action in the future when you actually are betting a monster the whole way and somebody calls you down with 9-8 low because they've seen you bet all the way with total air.

Praxising 11-28-2007 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did this earlier tonight (at $1/$2) and won when my opponent folded to my river bet. I was aggressively betting the whole way with this hand: 4 Q 4 7 2 2 J

[/ QUOTE ] I'm curious, what was your opponent showing and are you sure he folded to your pressure and didn't just end up with a pair or K hi? I know some players who come in, play wildly on purpose and then go on to clean up at the table when they suddenly "get a clue." But not this guy, who just left after this. And it isn't uncommon, they will literally raise you when you catch good and they get a Q on 4th. Being a micro, I have huge respect for many micros - I know they could play at much higher stakes with a bankroll and do well.

I agree getting caught bluffing is a good thing, I just posted a hand like that, come to think of it.