Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Limping UTG!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506950)

Spinners 09-22-2007 03:48 PM

Re: Limping UTG!!!

fold that all day utg.

slush420 09-22-2007 03:50 PM

on a table with passive players (regarding PFR%) I am raising this to 3.5bb UTG about 80% of the time and folding 20%. on a table with aggressive players (regarding PFR%) I'm flipping those percentages around. and reply to the e-mail I sent you OP

Spinners 09-22-2007 03:53 PM

exactly.

Gelford 09-22-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks.. im gonna mix up my play here by going half half then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea ... limping is possible, but playing without initiative oop does not have many fans (and is better saved for hyper aggro games that does NOT exist at small stakes )

RedBarracuda 09-22-2007 04:41 PM

oh my.. just fold. it's NL10 and no need to get fancy..

Peter Harris 09-22-2007 05:03 PM

pretty easy fold as standard. If table is weak then it's a safe raise but i'd be folding there upwards of 90% of the time.

Nogatsira 09-22-2007 05:15 PM

Think about how you will make money AFTER the flop.
You are out of position so when you hit a flush or straightdraw on the flop you could semibluff. But what if you get called till the river and don't hit? You'll often find yourself in spew spots.
Also, you give the BB a chance to see the flop for free even though you might have the best hand. Whats the point in that?

Open limping in 6max is just bad (ok some like to limp with 22 and stuff like that utg, but imho thats still bad cause it's pretty obvious that you're holding a small pocket pair)

Raise, be the agressor, pick up the blinds every now and then aswell, let them fear you!

Nogatsira 09-22-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks.. im gonna mix up my play here by going half half then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea ... limping is possible, but playing without initiative oop does not have many fans (and is better saved for hyper aggro games that does NOT exist at small stakes )

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] Friday evening
[x] Drunk people
[x] NL10 at Stars

Qualify

ICMoney 09-23-2007 01:17 AM

Don't be "that" fish.

Raise if you are feeling frisky.

Fold if you know what's good for you.

bknollenberg 09-23-2007 01:39 AM

if you're going to limp with that, then you have to realize you'll limp with AA there sometimes, AK, 88, 44, 78c, etc. if you're going to play that Q10h though, raise and expect to hit a flop you may not like. i'd just fold, as you can get yourself in trouble with hands like that, ie. you'll likely be OOP, your top pair is likely outkicked, etc.