Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Teach me how to play KK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307682)

74o_Clownsuit 01-17-2007 01:07 AM

Re: Teach me how to play KK

As played call all day long.

SirArthur 01-17-2007 01:09 AM

Call if you like money.

You've underrepresented your hand here significantly.

He'll show 10/10, J/J, A/K or A/Q, or far worse, often enough to make this an easy snap call.

Lurker. 01-17-2007 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get the impression from certain posts I have read that a good LAG player wont easily make a pot so big without a hand and/or atleast a good read on YOU, to back it up. Hes got a large stack atleast hinting hes not bad, so why is this such an immediate call?

BTW this is not a challenge its 100% a question. I don't yet have a real opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

because we beat a ton of hands that are in his range making it profitable in the long run imo to call this.

DoGMaTiCMD 01-17-2007 01:14 AM

Would the abnormal sized PFR be an indicator of anything?

Lurker. 01-17-2007 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would the abnormal sized PFR be an indicator of anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
not really, it's live and he has a monster stack.

josh_x 01-17-2007 01:17 AM

Push pre, call flop. I've never played foxwoods 1/2 but i imagine the players are incredibly bad, such that they will call a pf push with lots of [censored], and such that calling the flop push is super clear.

DaCooler 01-17-2007 01:28 AM

i really dont know how you can fold here, if you do , your playing to high and are scared

scatthecat 01-17-2007 12:52 PM

Villain in this hand is a LAG, but he's not an idiot.

I have been playing relatively tight up to this point in the game, so a raise to 15 in EP is indicating a real hand - he certainly knows this.

But I guess my decision was more based on the following: villain has 3-bet PF a couple times already, but in all cases the raise was much smaller - usually just a min-raise or a pop to ~40. I had seen him 3-bet PF OOP and then fold to a 4-bet all-in. Pretty bad play, IMO, as he claimed to have QJs there.

But in this spot, his 3-bet was significantly higher than before - indicating to me that he's be happy to get it in here. It felt like AA, KK, QQ, or AK at the minimum - we can throw in JJ as well to be fair - I was 50/50 about pushing it in PF but decided to call and reevaluate on the flop.

The flop of Q44 was interesting - I was either way behind his AA/QQ here or way ahead of his AK/JJ. He quickly went all-in, with a lot of confidence - and decided to even pick up his hand and flash it to the rest of the table (I was on his immediate right). To me, this represented huge strength- likely AA, b/c I can't see why he would blow me off any hand if he had flopped the boat. I thought for a few minutes, still knowing that my hand could have very possibly been good - and I actually heard one of the players at the far side of the table say 'he's got to be good unless [i] am holding pocket queens' to his neighbor.

Obviously, this sealed the deal, I folded, asked if he'd show, then flipped up the KK (to ooh's and aah's of the table).

Obviously I didn't divulge all of this in the original post - I wanted to show some of the merits of playing live [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

fwiw i turned the 200 dollar freeroll i had left into just over 600 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jk3a 01-17-2007 12:54 PM

I fold, but felt most flops

jk3a 01-17-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and I actually heard one of the players at the far side of the table say 'he's got to be good unless am holding pocket queens' to his neighbor.

[/ QUOTE ]

what?