Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   zomg 4 bet pot bluff ai! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479447)

dtan05 08-16-2007 10:13 PM

Re: zomg 4 bet pot bluff ai!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calling with Ax here HAS to be burning money, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

bet/folding Ax is burning money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see you on aim so I can't discuss with you </3

I really really really don't see anything but AK rrai here, if i was villain.

Esuom 08-16-2007 10:15 PM

I don't like bluffing bluff-inducing bets.

Praetor 08-16-2007 11:06 PM

what are you repping? you wont cold call AK so how can you have an ace.

jfish 08-16-2007 11:11 PM

praetor, are you suggesting villain might call with a hand worse than JJ since hero is repping nothing? if not, then what tcorb is repping is unimportant.

Praetor 08-16-2007 11:13 PM

he suggested in a post above that if he c/c and checks down he will lose to KK/QQ so he clearly thinks they are in his betting range here, if they are i dont think they are ever folding because we cant really have an ace

Irish Mafia 08-17-2007 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont think he has KK/QQ when he bets flop..

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. A lot of villains w/ KK when an ace flops will still bet under the thinking of "omg, a GD ace flopped, but [censored] I can't check and show weakness b/c then he may bluff me off the best hand on the turn/river w/ big bets. Ok, i'll be half pot."

That being said I usually turbo-muck this pf. If you truly think he be 4-balling light, then shove it in pf. Flat-calling is pretty bad - you are putting a ton of money into the pot, you are oop, and overs are likely to hit anyway. I mean even if the flop comes 9 high, you check and he shoves - are you thrilled to be calling?

As played, I think the shove is not great. OP stated at the outset that he felt the BB could've been 4-betting w/ something like AJ - and he's ain't folding that on the flop. However, if your read was that his weak flop bet was KK/QQ, then obviousy the shove is sexy...I just don't see how you know what the flop bet can't be an ace. I would need a really sharp read on villain b4 I pulled this move.

tcorbin16 08-17-2007 02:13 AM

i could have AK here if that makes any diff although villian prob doesnt know that. i could also have AA??? i dont see why that isnt in my range? actually prob wouldnt shove AA there now that i think about it but blah.

alot of what irish said is what i was thinking.

Irish Mafia 08-17-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he suggested in a post above that if he c/c and checks down he will lose to KK/QQ so he clearly thinks they are in his betting range here, if they are i dont think they are ever folding because we cant really have an ace

[/ QUOTE ]

For better or worse, I've flat-called 4-bets w/ AK against bluffy villains (and i've seen opponents do it to me). Or are you suggesting that AK would never cr-shove this "safe" flop? With so much money in the pot after the flop bet, I'd have to disagree. So while a bit less likely, OP could easily have an A in this spot.

AAismyfriend 08-17-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont think he has KK/QQ when he bets flop..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I'm pretty sure this flop bet is either an A or air, so I don't like this, and I don't think he's folding any A here that he's betting on the flop with.

tcorbin16 08-17-2007 05:12 AM

why would an A bet the flop? what hands is Ax gettin value from?