Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   What happened to the arb threads? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520029)

Utah 10-10-2007 07:09 PM

Re: What happened to the arb threads?

[ QUOTE ]
Utah, have you been hiding under a rock for the past few months?

[/ QUOTE ]I just spent a decent length of time consulting in Moscow and Siberia. I just came back because my visa ran out. My new visa comes in a few days and then I am back to Russia for 3 months minimum and then likely to Budapest and Minsk.

So, no sports betting for me except a few bets over the last few days.

thing85 10-10-2007 07:33 PM

Nice. Good luck at work!

Jim T 10-10-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do find any particularly juicy ones, please post them. Just bump the arb thread. I know I would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really juicy, but there are arbs for the Flyer/Cannuck game. WagerStreet has Canucks -135, ABC Island and/or Jazz have the Flyers +139 (and Matchbook has them +142.)

Edit: I go back and see that ABC/Jazz dropped them to 120. Pinny (if you can use them) has them at +140 though.

Jazzy3113 10-10-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just spent a decent length of time consulting in Moscow and Siberia. I just came back because my visa ran out. My new visa comes in a few days and then I am back to Russia for 3 months minimum and then likely to Budapest and Minsk.

So, no sports betting for me except a few bets over the last few days.

[/ QUOTE ]

TR please

B00T 10-10-2007 09:44 PM

go back to work you bastard [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Schwatt 10-10-2007 11:03 PM

I see 1-5 cent arbs all the time with Matchbook involved. But usually there's only $500 behind, so it's not really worth it. Not to mention as soon as 1 person arbs the MB line, it will move.

If I post an arb, I try to find arbs on other books, with higher maximum bets, so a few people can hit them before they move.

Jim T 10-11-2007 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I see 1-5 cent arbs all the time with Matchbook involved. But usually there's only $500 behind, so it's not really worth it. Not to mention as soon as 1 person arbs the MB line, it will move.

If I post an arb, I try to find arbs on other books, with higher maximum bets, so a few people can hit them before they move.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always. For instance right now they have Hawaii at -780 with 26,000 behind it, vs SJS +800 at various other books. (Unfortunately you are really risking 780 to win 98, so -780 is really -796)

Jim T 10-11-2007 10:55 PM

Actually a good one now:

Toledo +180 (with a thousand behind) on Matchbook
Buffalo -160 on various

Unfortunately my deposit hasn't been credited so I can't take advantage.

beset 10-12-2007 12:26 PM

The arb threads went away because arb threads are completely useless (just a guess).

TomG 10-12-2007 12:44 PM

Would anyone be interested in a chat room on IRC to share arbs? I know there are a large group of voracious line hunters on this forum (myself included). I'd be willing to share my daily finds if others would reciprocate. I find a lot of 0 and 1 cent arbs that aren't worth posting here. But these still have value and a chat room seems the most efficient way to share.