Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   which universities?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=551463)

LuckyKid 11-21-2007 04:16 PM

Re: which universities??

hows the school at Duke university? and hows the weather in north carolina? does it snow? i mean as long as it doesn't snow during the winter and get freaking cold with minus degree its fine by me:D
i just finished my toefl and still waiting for the result...

Ganjasaurus Rex 11-21-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hows the school at Duke university? and hows the weather in north carolina? does it snow? i mean as long as it doesn't snow during the winter and get freaking cold with minus degree its fine by me:D

[/ QUOTE ]
The weather in NC is nice, but it does snow occasionally (Raleigh gets 7-8" a year, with sleet and freezing rain being more common than fluffy snow). You should look at the weather channel yearly forecasts for more accurate info on weather in each city.

capone0 11-21-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weather isn't bad but it is very challenging to get into Duke. You need pretty damn good scores and grades and recs.

sapol 11-21-2007 07:03 PM

I'm an international student at Florida International University (it's a 42,000 student public university).
If you need any info PM me.

LuckyKid 11-21-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weather isn't bad but it is very challenging to get into Duke. You need pretty damn good scores and grades and recs.

[/ QUOTE ]

it cant be harder than stanford,harvard,yale,MIT, ect right [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

capone0 11-21-2007 08:41 PM

It's close honestly.

furyshade 11-21-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it cant be harder than stanford,harvard,yale,MIT, ect right [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

duke is up there as one of the harder schools in the US,it would help if we had an idea of your scores and grades. also look at www.collegeboard.com for an overview of schools

Quicksilvre 11-21-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's close honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...it's definitely one of the best non-Ivy schools.

LuckyKid 11-21-2007 10:34 PM

i have not found a method yet on how to convert my grades into american standard yet... but im looking into it... but anymore tips and recommendation is welcomed... any school similar to duke but slightly easier to get into? I'm still looking for a good undergraduate business program!

BigPoppa 11-21-2007 10:40 PM

FYI: Economic and Business are completely different subjects in the US, and are usually taught by different faculties in different departments.