Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   2-4 blind battle w/ flush draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526990)

TheRempel 10-20-2007 06:25 PM

Re: 2-4 blind battle w/ flush draw

I've only played a few hundred hands with that guy but I don't see him calling the turn thinking he is behind without a hand like 9TJQ. If I was going to take this line I'd raise to 130ish on the turn so the river bet is more effective.

sc000t 10-20-2007 06:29 PM

Is this one of the hands you sent me Pete?

FWIW I agree with this:
[ QUOTE ]
in my experience once they call the turn here, they are just never folding

[/ QUOTE ]

thisnamedoesntfi 10-20-2007 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think a special read is all that necessary though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty. NH.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to suggest that it was necessarily a good play, or that the character of opponent isn't important. Just that I don't think the reasoning (whether right or wrong) is based on anything particularly obscure about the opponent's style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand now, and the "NH" wasn't me being facetious, I like the idea behind the play.

Kala1928 10-20-2007 08:30 PM

I guess he could fold a naked 9

OrrLives 10-20-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he calls the turn, he is probably calling the river getting 3 to 1. What is your image?

pete fabrizio 10-20-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once he calls the turn, he is probably calling the river getting 3 to 1. What is your image?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess I have a very aggressive image. But that cuts both ways -- I could definitely be bluffing, but I could also be value-betting pretty thin. And of course the fact that he's getting good odds cuts both ways as well -- on the one hand you'd think he'd call, but on the other hand he might think I wouldn't try to bluff him when he's so "obviously" pot-committed. plus, of course, it means I'm getting good odds.

OrrLives 10-21-2007 12:05 AM

Obviously he is more likely to call you if you have a pretty aggressive image. You may need a PSB on the river to pull this off if he had a decent but not great hand.

If you plan on firing on the river regardless of what comes out, I like TheRempel's idea of betting less on the turn in order to have a PSB on the river. The smaller than pot bet on the turn may look scarier than a PSB too.

CrushinFelt 10-21-2007 12:06 AM

Like Remp said, either leave yourself enough behind to make the river bet useful (it usually is a formality as played), or raise full pot on the turn.

pete fabrizio 10-21-2007 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like Remp said, either leave yourself enough behind to make the river bet useful (it usually is a formality as played), or raise full pot on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I completely agree with this. I don't think I want to have a full PSB left on the river, b/c a) that would be a very small raise on turn and b) it would leave me a bad price on the river bluff if I choose to fire. and I don't want to raise so much on the turn as to leave a trivial amount on the river either, b/c then he can call with more speculative hands knowing he doesn't have to face any serious river action.

pete fabrizio 10-21-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously he is more likely to call you if you have a pretty aggressive image.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely not always true against semi-decent opponents.