Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Fold KK on the flop after aggression (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515701)

Nick C 10-05-2007 06:42 AM

Re: Fold KK on the flop after aggression

Let's see -- you're getting a little less than 3:2. If Villain will only play sets and AdXd this way (equally likely in terms of combos, with the sets probably becoming a little more likely once we take preflop into account), then you have a super-easy fold as a slight favorite to the AdXd and a massive underdog to the sets.

Throw in AQ and say Villain will always play that this way as well, and suddenly we have an easy call.

So hell if I know against an unknown. From what I've seen, these massive overbets are still kind of rare from full stacks, and they're called even more rarely, and as a result they're hard to interpret.

Anyway, I think the fold is all right.

GSykes 10-05-2007 07:52 AM

I think you see a FD just as much as you see a set

danny8 10-05-2007 08:13 AM

i dont fold this... people do weird [censored] in 3bet pots. i think folding overpairs in 3bet pots on these flops to unknowns is a recipe for disaster. this can so easily be a FD, random ui pp, SD, a Q... his range is much wider than just sets

corsakh 10-05-2007 08:16 AM

wtf, move up where they respect your lay downs

Lostit 10-05-2007 08:36 AM

I gotta call this also. I would think that a set would try to extract more value. I'm more likely to think this was a flush draw, that was looking for a fold, but wasn't horrified by a call. I think you're a slight favorite here, and I always like to get the money in when I'm a favorite.

P.S. GSYKES avatar is giving me nightmares!!

GSykes 10-05-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GSYKES avatar is giving me nightmares!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing propbets suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

munkey 10-05-2007 08:50 AM

If he's a tight passive -sounds he might be from your description I fold too - vs loose bad players I snap call - this is Qx/fdraw most of the time - vs him a set.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GSYKES avatar is giving me nightmares!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Losing propbets suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ye me too - subliminal messaging methinks ...

terp 10-05-2007 09:16 AM

please never fold this

Speirsy 10-05-2007 09:19 AM

Wow I cant believe how many people are saying this is a fold. I'm sure were beat here a decent % of the time, but I cant imagine many villains whos range is tight enough to make this a fold, especially if you only have 15 hands on him.

sightless 10-05-2007 09:24 AM

i cant fold this