Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=121716)

catcher193 05-24-2006 11:51 PM

Re: deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold

get busted! seriously though I think your going to have to play a big pot here, yes his line is strong but it includes far too many hands you are beating already.

greg nice 05-25-2006 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
get busted! seriously though I think your going to have to play a big pot here, yes his line is strong but it includes far too many hands you are beating already.

[/ QUOTE ]

far too many hands? are you serious?

FoxwoodsFiend 05-25-2006 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To think that he would do it with AcQc and not other AQ's is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ridiculous, just silly.

DJ Sensei 05-25-2006 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this hand range is too narrow, why can't he have JTcc here?

[/ QUOTE ]

With fairly deep stacks, I think he could quite possibly have two paint clubs here. However, hero has certainly shown a lot of strength in the hand so far, so I'm not sure villain would C/R the turn with just a big draw here, knowing he could face a 3-bet push and be stuck in the pot.

Depends on villain's perception of hero's range here, I think.

selurah 05-25-2006 02:34 AM

Re: deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold?

Tough Spot. I go to the felt expecting to see A Q.

However, last time I was in a similar spot it didn't turn out so well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

tytygoodnuts 05-25-2006 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try this converter:
http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter/
..or if you already are, with some better settings.

He's certainly representing top or second set, but he could also be semi-bluffing. There's a small chance he's trying to push you off a biggish hand or even thinking he is value-betting with top two, as bet-3-betting the flop would scare almost anything as that would look like a set. You do have to take your image into account here.

My reason for folding would be that the 1800 bet totally commits you, and he knows it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a common play for someone to bet out with a big set and then slow down? I don't see why the villian wouldn't stick in a third raise on the flop w/ the set. Why wait to check-raise on the turn with a set of aces or queens?
That's why I'm thinking the turn check-raise maybe some sort of semi-bluff. Or maybe he just wants it to look like a semi-bluff [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] If he really has the big set you have got to give him kudos for a savvy play.

9cao 05-25-2006 06:03 AM

Re: deepish with bottom set, his line is superstrong, ALLINOMG or fold?

Screename?

Ghazban 05-25-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think this hand range is too narrow, why can't he have JTcc here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is AcKc to be ruled out? I see this play at lower stakes with that hand all the time. Even against a very narrow range (the AQ/AA/AA pokerstove results earlier in the thread), folding would be a mistake.

AZK 05-25-2006 11:31 AM

this would be an awful way to play akcc unless you are playing against an opponent who is so tight he lays down bottom set [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

aba20 05-25-2006 11:33 AM

Running bad? This is the easiest push ever. Raise more on the flop.