Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Bluetooth (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=319367)

guids 01-30-2007 07:29 PM

Re: Bluetooth

Ive been messing around with bluetooth and cars for the last couple of weeks. I got a linksys usb dongle, ripped it open, added a better antenna, with some software from trifinite.org, you can mess around with cars/cell/pda's equipped with bluetooth. Basically, imo, you nkow how all these people would hack into wi-fi networks because the security was so lax, this is how cars and bluetooth will be for the next couple of years. The only practical thing I use bluetooth for nowadays is hooking up my laptop and my pda to my cell so I can get high speed internet wherever I go.

astroglide 01-30-2007 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is annoying has hell to have a phone conversation with someone using a bluetooth headset.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've never noticed, but anyone i would probably be a nitpicky salesperson with a nice headset.

it drives me nuts when people continue wearing their bluetooth headsets in situations where they're extremely unlikely to use them: holiday get-togethers, etc. it gives a distracted look, and i find it difficult to seriously engage them in conversation when it looks as if they could launch into a second one or leave at any moment. it's like they're standing in an open doorway with their keys in their hand.

personally, i've only used bluetooth for internet access from mobile phone to laptop ("tethering").

Kneel B4 Zod 01-30-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is hooking up my laptop and my pda to my cell so I can get high speed internet wherever I go.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, now this is useful. how do I do this?

PITTM 01-30-2007 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it drives me nuts when people continue wearing their bluetooth headsets in situations where they're extremely unlikely to use them: holiday get-togethers, etc. it gives a distracted look, and i find it difficult to seriously engage them in conversation when it looks as if they could launch into a second one or leave at any moment. it's like they're standing in an open doorway with their keys in their hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

spot on sir. i wouldnt talk to someone in this spot unless it was a client i was being paid to talk to.

tdarko 01-30-2007 07:34 PM

I make fun of the dudes wearing their bluetooth at a restaurant on a Sunday night while their NOT having a conversation.

Boris 01-30-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only practical thing I use bluetooth for nowadays is hooking up my laptop and my pda to my cell so I can get high speed internet wherever I go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made this prediction repeatedly in work meetings a couple years ago. Everyone laughed at me. Stupid Azzholes.

Josem 01-30-2007 07:36 PM

obviously anyone wearing a bluetooth earpiece without having a conversation on it looks like a moron.

however, i only use mine in the car - it is illegal to use a handheld mobile phone in australia, so handsfree devices like this are essential.

GuyOnTilt 01-30-2007 07:38 PM

I use it to sync my cell with my computer to xfer files. The next time I upgrade any peripherals for my computer they'll be bluetooth (printer, etc). Sometimes I'll use it to sync my cell with other people's if we need to xfer a file, but other than that I don't use it for anything else. I wish I did though 'cause it's super convenient and I hope more things become bluetooth integrated.

[censored] 01-30-2007 07:44 PM

All,

I think those bluetooth ear piece things look pretty F'n retarded on anyone who hasn't been assimilated by the borg. I can however understand people wearing them while driving or other similar situations.

Dids 01-30-2007 07:55 PM

Beef with Bluetooth headsets:

The nice benefit of a phone is that when you're speaking, you project into the phone, and not open air. People tend to fail to modulate their voice, or even talk louder, and now what you're left with is [censored] shouting. I'm not really sure why this is something we need to enable.