Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Separate Fantasy Sports Forum?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433492)

Needle77 06-22-2007 03:40 PM

Re: Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

No

Edit: The reason I'm voting no is that on the front page there is only 2 threads about fantasy sports. During the football season there is usually only one thread per week. I dont't see there being enough traffic for it. Unless there are people here that are nervous about making new threads about fantasy stuff.

MyTurn2Raise 06-22-2007 03:45 PM

I vote NO

SossMan 06-22-2007 03:47 PM

I'm on my phone so can't do bold, but my vote is yes.

Once football season starts there will be a million random posts that will clutter this forum.
Hell I would volunteer to mod it if that helped.

Sossman

Clarkmeister 06-22-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Once football season starts there will be a million random posts that will clutter this forum.

Sossman

[/ QUOTE ]

Have any of you people ever even been around when the NFL was going on? Or are you just guessing.

There has never been a problem with fantasy football. There are usually two big preseason threads (rate my team and rate these players) and a weekly waiver/trade discussion thread. That's about it. There's more clutter on this forum due to Steve Nash than there is from Fantasy Fooball.

CharlieDontSurf 06-22-2007 03:52 PM

yah ive been around and that is somewhat true..but there wasnt 8 million american idol gambling threads but i still like the setup better with ENT Betting having its own forum.

Kneel B4 Zod 06-22-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No

Edit: The reason I'm voting no is that on the front page there is only 2 threads about fantasy sports. During the football season there is usually only one thread per week. I dont't see there being enough traffic for it. Unless there are people here that are nervous about making new threads about fantasy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

see above. out of the 20 threads on my front page, there are 2 fantasy ones. 3 if you count this thread.

besides, there are only a handful of posters who keep the baseball thread alive. 4 or 5 who ask questions and 2 or 3 who answer them. this doesn't need another forum.

otoh, that is a bit artificial, b/c people have been encouraged to put all talk into those threads.

on the other other hand, things might be better with talk concentrated in specific threads.

bowens 06-22-2007 04:12 PM

I think I qualify to vote. I vote No

B00T 06-22-2007 04:12 PM

No, wait 6 months there will be a reason to have one [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

mason55 06-22-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you people ever even been around when the NFL was going on? Or are you just guessing.

There has never been a problem with fantasy football. There are usually two big preseason threads (rate my team and rate these players) and a weekly waiver/trade discussion thread. That's about it. There's more clutter on this forum due to Steve Nash than there is from Fantasy Fooball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do fantasy sports but I know that the number of threads is artificially restricted, so this doesn't seem like a good argument.

Think back to the reason we needed the single thread for fantasy then think about whether a new forum would be a good idea.

Maybe the fantasy guys don't care, I don't know, but it seems like they should chime in whether they'd like to have their own forum.

Triumph36 06-22-2007 04:25 PM

Vote No

No reason for it, that forum would become cluttered fairly quickly too, and probably not get many responses either. I like fantasy football and used this board to my advantage during the season, but I don't get the sense there are a lot of people who want to give advice on fantasy football moves either. whatever.