Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What was the Best poker Book published in 2007? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549829)

finesseQ 11-19-2007 07:37 PM

Re: What was the Best poker Book published in 2007?

[ QUOTE ]
is Kill EVeryone out yet? i looked on amazon and it says January '08 for release, unless its different in the USA

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and it gets my vote, with the Full Tilt one a second. Haven't read Stox's since I don't play limit.

choccypie 11-19-2007 09:03 PM

Of the ones that I've read, PNL gets +1 vote.

Adman 11-19-2007 09:25 PM

Limit hold em: Winning shorthanded strategies by Terry Borer and Lawrence Mak & Stox's book for sure.

Gelford 11-20-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games: Short-Handed and High-Stakes Concepts and Theory for Limit Hold 'em" by Nick "Stoxtrader" Grudzien and Geoff "Zobags" Herzog

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's not even close [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

bigblackbuddha 11-20-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games: Short-Handed and High-Stakes Concepts and Theory for Limit Hold 'em" by Nick "Stoxtrader" Grudzien and Geoff "Zobags" Herzog

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's not even close [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you don't play limit. However if you do play limit, QFT

Doc T River 11-20-2007 09:20 AM

Unless someone beats me to it, I am going to go on Amazon when I get home from work, put together a list of books supposedly coming out in 2008 (so yes, Daniel's book will be included) and make a post dealing with what people consider the most anticipated poker books of 2008.

By the way, I checked the abbreviations and did not find it listed so I am wondering what QFT stands for. My guess would be Quit (physical activity) Talking.

deacsoft 11-20-2007 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering what QFT stands for. My guess would be Quit (physical activity) Talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can also be used as "Quoted For Truth".

1p0kerboy 11-20-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and make a post dealing with what people consider the most anticipated poker books of 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me (and many others), it's easily the Harrington books on no-limit cash games.

shyturtle27 11-20-2007 12:34 PM

Few months ago it would be PNL with SNG strategy a close second, but it is officially Kill Everyone.

Mason Malmuth 11-20-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless someone beats me to it, I am going to go on Amazon when I get home from work, put together a list of books supposedly coming out in 2008 (so yes, Daniel's book will be included) and make a post dealing with what people consider the most anticipated poker books of 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Doc:

Just so you know, it's our policy at Two Plus Two not to list on Amazon until we have an acceptable manuscript in hand and are confident we can meet our announced publishing date. So even though we have books scheduled for 2008, none are as yet listed on Amazon.

Best wishes,
Mason