Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   My Money is Gone in Full Tilt (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389889)

dode 04-27-2007 04:58 PM

Re: My Money is Gone in Full Tilt

AVG Anti-virus Free Edition found nothing. Is there still danger?

I changed my passwords from a computer that shares internet access, but not connected file sharing-wise. Is that ok?

Thank you for the responses.

dode 04-27-2007 05:02 PM

My last reply I started before the ftpsean post. I sent a pm. thank you so much.

PBJaxx 04-27-2007 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I changed my passwords from a computer that shares internet access, but not connected file sharing-wise. Is that ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

AVG will not find keyloggers, spyware, and some trojans. You need to start researching this yourself. I don't know a lot about it, but you aren't gonna get some "quick check" to verify that your PC is clean. At bare minimum, download AVGs free spyware program and scan. It is unfortunate, but this stuff isn't always easy to find.

I am glad FTPSean got on the case.

Please share results.

PBJaxx 04-27-2007 05:06 PM

Sean, I expect you to focus on the issue at hand, but I would like to make one comment.

I literally check all my poker accounts (including ~$10K in FTP) the second I get home from work every day. I do not like having to live in this kind of fear. I do not have any faith in the security of your or any other sites (and my pc).

I do a lot of work to keep my pc as clean as possible, and I know that there is only so much you can do. I think it would be beneficial if we could get some kind of summary explanation of the causes of most of these hackings what we/you can do to prevent them in the future.

Thank you

Dignam 04-27-2007 05:07 PM

Sucks OP, hopefully it was dumped HU if it was hacked and dumped.

React1oN 04-27-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AVG will not find keyloggers, spyware, and some trojans. You need to start researching this yourself. I don't know a lot about it, but you aren't gonna get some "quick check" to verify that your PC is clean. At bare minimum, download AVGs free spyware program and scan. It is unfortunate, but this stuff isn't always easy to find.

Please share results.

[/ QUOTE ]Ooo, I didn't know AVG had a free spyware scan, tyty.

Good Luck OP.

Synergistic Explosions 04-27-2007 05:13 PM

Maybe try downloading SnoopFree and running it.

I let it run in the background all the time, and it will let me know when some program is trying to screw with my puter with keyloggers.

DMoogle 04-27-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please share results.

[/ QUOTE ]
One anti-virus isn't enough to protect your computer. Personally, I use ZoneAlarm firewall (the Windows Firewall sucks, and firewalls are ESSENTIAL), NOD32 anti-virus (my favorite), Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, Protowall IP blocker (probably not essential depending on what you use your computer for), and I keep my computer up-to-date and scan regularly. The only real-time scanners I have running are my firewall and AV.

Even after that, I still run free online AV scans once every couple of months. I guess you could call me a nit about my computer safety, but my computer runs better than anyone I know with comparable (and sometimes better) stats.

LeapFrog 04-27-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are a few other programs you can try. I am running a bit late and don't have time to link, so just google.

spybot search and destroy
lavasoft adaware
rootkitrevealer (wait 30 seconds after loading program before beginning scan to prevent false positives)

hijackthis -- only run this in scan mode. Don't make any changes without consulting some1 knowledgeable.

You can post your hijackthis log on bleepingcomputer for example and let the gurus examine it.

re3z0r 04-27-2007 05:40 PM

I would probably reformat and start from scrach if this happend to me.