Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Science, Math, and Philosophy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Does Good and Evil Truely Exist? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531838)

Jamougha 10-26-2007 02:31 PM

Re: Does Good and Evil Truely Exist?

[ QUOTE ]

are they culturally embedded into our way of thinking and acting as children. Or is it embedded into our dna to know what's right and what's wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these.

[ QUOTE ]
Does good and evil really exist

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said to my math lecturer one; this is all very dependent on your definition of 'reality'

foal 10-26-2007 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That which exists through coercion and force is evil; that which exists through voluntarism is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Popcorn is disgusting.

Similar statements?

IrOnLaW 10-26-2007 02:59 PM

Is everyone predestined to exhibit either predominately good traits or evil traits?

Hopey 10-26-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That which exists through coercion and force is evil; that which exists through voluntarism is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I force you into feeding starving children? Or coerce you into discovering the cure for cancer? Is this still evil?

What if you voluntarily blow up a school filled with children? Is that not evil?

tame_deuces 10-26-2007 04:17 PM

Not to mention that almost any social mammal in existence is evil, since authority - and forceful if need be - is a key element in their social interaction. (Yes for anyone that wonders, that includes humans - we're primates, do the math.)

Hopey 10-26-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention that almost any social mammal in existence is evil, since authority - and forceful if need be - is a key element in their social interaction. (Yes for anyone that wonders, that includes humans - we're primates, do the math.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, until an AC'ist explained it to me, I didn't realize how evil my parents were to me while I was growing up.

"Eat your vegetables, Hopey...time for bed Hopey...don't run out into traffic Hopey" - pure evil, I tell ya!

Roland32 10-26-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So parenting is Evil, huh?

mrick 10-26-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, here's another.... Are we born good or evil??

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, we are born good-or-evil, literally, precisely as stated.

onesandzeros 10-27-2007 01:22 AM

No but + and - do.