Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Leak, leak, leak! What's your leak? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536077)

CalledDownLight 11-01-2007 12:46 PM

Re: Leak, leak, leak! What\'s your leak?

24 tabling is also a leak. That [censored] is hard in cash games.

seki 11-01-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I bluff bad
2 barreling and 3 barreling on the wrong boards as bluffs
c/r bluffing the wrong players
floating in stupid spots

[/ QUOTE ]

ranka 11-01-2007 01:02 PM

slowplaying

Bluegrassplayer 11-01-2007 01:06 PM

Slowplaying monsters and going broke with what I think is a monster in a limped pot where someone has the real monster.

Oh and underestimating other people's stupidity: "He couldn't have called 20 dollars preflop with 2/4 could he have?"

Hey_Porter 11-01-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slowplaying monsters and going broke with what I think is a monster in a limped pot where someone has the real monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one rule I find myself repeating the most is don't go broke in unraised pots.

Bluegrassplayer 11-01-2007 01:10 PM

I always tell myself that too, but it's so hard to lay down two pair or trips in a pot against a donkey. I just hear a cash register in the back of my head instead of the warning lights.

diebitter 11-01-2007 01:12 PM

sticking around too long with overs, especially AK.

Hey_Porter 11-01-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always tell myself that too, but it's so hard to lay down two pair or trips in a pot against a donkey. I just hear a cash register in the back of my head instead of the warning lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you going broke because you are slowplaying and then playing it big, or are you going broke because others are "forcing" you to put a lot of money in the pot (by, e.g., going all-in at some point in the hand)?

Sometimes it's out of your hands, but you've just got to try to play small ball (but for value) in those situations.

Bluegrassplayer 11-01-2007 01:24 PM

For instance last tuesday I was playing live and the game died down unfortunately. We were only four handed and I had 4/8 in the small blind. I called, and the flop came 4/8/J. I bet the pot, 8 dollars, the BB who was a donkey called. The turn was a Q, I bet 24 dollars, and he called. River was an A, rainbow board. I bet $50 and he raised to $150, I figured there was no way someone was checking an ace preflop and this guy likes to play his hands pretty straight forwards. I called and he had J/A, he was convinced he was slowplaying me the entire time, and he's so easy to read that this should have been an easy lay down on the river but I just couldn't drop 2 pair 4 handed.

crazymoose 11-01-2007 01:34 PM

Playing too passively.
Paying off when I shouldn't.
Not value-betting enough.
Playing on autopilot.