Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cash game pro, curious about MTT pro long-term trends (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524509)

Exitonly 10-17-2007 02:06 PM

Re: Cash game pro, curious about MTT pro long-term trends

[ QUOTE ]
be ready for swings of 30k in the 109r, and higher in the 1k's... that is unless u run good.

[/ QUOTE ]

30k++++

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EC10 10-17-2007 04:40 PM

sensei, the best way to do it is grind cash and then play the big tourneys. typically the only tourneys ill play are the sundays, where my edge and the potential payouts are huge. cash games are just so much more profitable/less time consuming/less stress etc.

also based on claytons post / previous knowledge i had, i can safely say that there are probably less than 15 MTT pros who will make as much as a 5/10+ grinder will in 1 year. they are the lilholdem/imperium types who run like god and put in SICK amounts of volume.

Body Man D 10-17-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DJ,

I think I'm one of the few who could be considered truly 50/50 in regards to tourney/cash game SEMI pro. I basically play whichever I feel like on a given day, and it makes playing poker much more enjoyable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play both just to keep from getting bored/frustrated with one or the other.

RandALLin 10-17-2007 05:02 PM

DJ,

clear out your pm box so I can holla.

Ansky 10-17-2007 05:02 PM

Quite often I have a few tournaments going + like 8 tables of 10/20.

Helps me play longer sessions + sometimes I get lucky and win a bunch in the donkaments.

mikeymer 10-17-2007 05:03 PM

ansky u dont think its annoying to play both forms at the same time? i like sticking to sessions of one, or the other.

Body Man D 10-17-2007 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ansky u dont think its annoying to play both forms at the same time? i like sticking to sessions of one, or the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will often enter 1 or 2 tourneys and open 8/10 cash tables. The early stages of MTT's I usually just play on auto pilot anyway. If I make it deep in a tourney I close several cash tables to pick up reads etc. in the MTTs.

Anything more than a couple tourneys though I find it difficult to do both and will usually just stick to MTTs.

I'm not Ansky obviously but just my 2c.

Ansky 10-17-2007 05:33 PM

Last night I was playing the 100r, step 6, and PCA DSO. I lost 25k playing 25/50, won a seat, and came 2nd in the 100r. Standard night :-\

Mikey, I generally don't have a problem mixing the two.

Bakes 10-17-2007 05:40 PM

30k in the 100r? ridiculous

mikeymer 10-17-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will often enter 1 or 2 tourneys and open 8/10 cash tables. The early stages of MTT's I usually just play on auto pilot anyway. If I make it deep in a tourney I close several cash tables to pick up reads etc. in the MTTs.

Anything more than a couple tourneys though I find it difficult to do both and will usually just stick to MTTs.

I'm not Ansky obviously but just my 2c.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with everything u said.i can play like 1 or 2 then if i get deep i have to close my cash tables. btw what do you think about 2/4 lately?