Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   A2o otb (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=510979)

geormiet 09-28-2007 02:13 PM

Re: A2o otb

It's a weird (i.e. "bad") line for him to take on THIS board if he has a made hand, in my opinion. It's probably a good play if he has KTs or JTs.

danzasmack 09-28-2007 02:26 PM

Meh i think he can c/r the turn at a high frequency and gets called down by a lot of hands. I think c/r'ing a hand like KT is pretty bad IMO. I don't expect anyone to make this fold here ever and i think playing with that assumption is -ev.

Dave Mac 09-28-2007 03:18 PM

the reason i don't like to check is bc. i think it is the lazy line, if this makes sense. there are some semi bluffing hands which are all going to showdown, i don't expect them to check much but perhapse they did. so if we bet and get called by one of these hands we get a bet in with good equity.

2nd given that it is a steal spot he may be ccing 77, K9, and other stuff, bc he realizes that if he bets and gets called he is losing but he also won't fold, so he thinks the best line to get money in good is to cc.

3rd if we check we are always going to call the river, or bet if checked to. i think when he bets the river he is beating us a lot more than when he just calls the turn, and i think, maybe not, but he may fold more hands on the river that he was calling with on the turn. that is more tenious. but basically we always lose 1 bet when beat, and don't alwyas win 1 bet when ahead, and even if he was drawing slim we have given him a free card either way.

finally, i think if he crs he has a big hand and never expects me or anyone else for that matter to ever fold so it is easy to make the correct turn fold, and we get the chance to get 2 bets from hands we are beating and only lose 1 to hands we are losing agaist (obv. this doesn't take into account getting rivered).
dave

Dave Mac 09-28-2007 03:19 PM

would you ever cr semi bluff here?

Dave Mac 09-28-2007 03:22 PM

i think cring anything but a big hand here is horrible bc no one will ever fold. they will call the turn cr unless they have total air and spit call the river a lot. also you are making it more correct to do so bc you are pumping up the pot, so i think a turn cr here without a rocksolid read is bad. corversely this is why it could be good with a big hand.
dave

JDalla 09-29-2007 03:34 AM

you makes good points, but some people are off their rockers... or they know that you know all this, hence...

geormiet 09-29-2007 03:42 AM

I thnk c-r here is stupid with a big hand cause you're missing out on a 3 bet.

Enon 09-29-2007 05:51 PM

There is no other way to play this hand, expect maybe a preflop fold.

gehrig 10-01-2007 08:17 AM

dont see the problem with chking turn

dont think when he chks turn hes planning to cc twice all that often

if theyre cfing 77 they usually find a way to call with it on the river. and u obviously save money when hes cring

i will say this is a retarded board to screwplay turn because like 114 combos just made a straight but ppl suck at poker

mplspoker 10-01-2007 04:04 PM

bet/fold, or check and call river.. calling a riaise on the turn is bad.