Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Observed 25/50 Hand: What's Your Minimum to Stack off With? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525308)

king_of_drafts 10-17-2007 08:35 PM

Re: Observed 25/50 Hand: What\'s Your Minimum to Stack off With?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
although if tighty even got to the river with 74 I think thats pretty bad)

[/ QUOTE ]

why? think he should 3bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

he should fold

FoxwoodsFiend 10-17-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should fold

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, i think you have something wrong/confused. tighty is the guy in position who bet/calls flop and bets a turn 4 when checked to. at what point do you think he should fold?

at what point should either of these guys fold? i think i'm just not understanding you or you've got something mixed up

MDMA 10-17-2007 08:42 PM

How much time did he take before checking the turn? If it was instantly I'd definitely be more inclined to call bottom quads, if he took some time pondering the board before checking, then I'd let it go I think.

king_of_drafts 10-17-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he should fold

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, i think you have something wrong/confused. tighty is the guy in position who bet/calls flop and bets a turn 4 when checked to. at what point do you think he should fold?

at what point should either of these guys fold? i think i'm just not understanding you or you've got something mixed up

[/ QUOTE ]

not mixed up, sry for being confusing though. He should bet flop and fold to c/r

PokerFink 10-17-2007 08:50 PM

Tourist guy probably percieves any 7 to be the nuts, so I guess you have to call with 44 although I wouldn't be super happy about it.

EDIT: It would be pretty weird for him to check/call turn and then major overbet the river with 77, but it makes more sense for him to do that with just a lone 7, especially with a big kicker. Just in my experience of dealing with touristy donks.

AAismyfriend 10-17-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tourist guy probably percieves any 7 to be the nuts, so I guess you have to call with 44 although I wouldn't be super happy about it.

EDIT: It would be pretty weird for him to check/call turn and then major overbet the river with 77, but it makes more sense for him to do that with just a lone 7, especially with a big kicker. Just in my experience of dealing with touristy donks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given description of the SB here, he never ever ever shows up with a lone 7 here unless he has 74, and if he has 74 we can't have quad 4s. Calling with a 7 seems bad here since we're praying for a chop and there's only one hand with a lone 7 in it that villain can have here.

BobboFitos 10-17-2007 09:20 PM

id need a full house.

BobboFitos 10-17-2007 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no fkin way I fold quads, I call 7x+ (although if tighty even got to the river with 74 I think thats pretty bad)

and my excuse is that it's live; I think an incorrect read on an this opponent is more likely to occur than a ridiculous cooler like quads/sf over bottom quads

[/ QUOTE ]
exactly my thoughts

FoxwoodsFiend 10-17-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much time did he take before checking the turn? If it was instantly I'd definitely be more inclined to call bottom quads, if he took some time pondering the board before checking, then I'd let it go I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't notice, but pretty sure it wasn't instantly

MagicNinja 10-18-2007 12:31 AM

I am pretty sure you should fold 44 here but I would never never do it.