Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Do you hate Jerry Yang already? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453590)

southgapoker 07-17-2007 07:21 PM

Re: Do you hate Jerry Yang already?

I do not like him but him winning won't be bad for poker.

The religious crap is ridiculous. There's no God in poker.

Scorcho 07-17-2007 07:22 PM

I can't stand all the Mattias Anderson type yelling.

twoblacknines 07-17-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all the jesus christ crap makes me hate his dumb guts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hate someone for their religious views? Anyways I like this guy and think him winning is much better than another gold type player. Plus, if he is donating 10% or w/e thats pretty cool of him.

Also, if a religious person wins it then it could help with all the other religious people saying gambling is bad....you can ask them why God let Yang win then.

Bonified 07-17-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it could help with all the other religious people saying gambling is bad....you can ask them why God let Yang win then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you can never win these arguments. They'll probably say it was a test of faith or something :-)

southgapoker 07-17-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all the jesus christ crap makes me hate his dumb guts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why hate someone for their religious views? Anyways I like this guy and think him winning is much better than another gold type player. Plus, if he is donating 10% or w/e thats pretty cool of him.

Also, if a religious person wins it then it could help with all the other religious people saying gambling is bad....you can ask them why God let Yang win then.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tell my religious buddies who play with me that God is sending them straight to hell for gambling.

sirtimo 07-17-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hate is a little strong. Why would you hate a man for running hotter than the sun?

A little over the top to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

RichGangi 07-17-2007 08:06 PM

I hate his religious bantering...other than that, he's GREAT for the game.

pokervintage 07-17-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He is pledging 10 percent of his winnings from this tournament to three different charities – the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Feed the Children, and the Ronald McDonald House"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, definitely a guy to be hated. Sheesh.

pokervintage

neverforgetlol 07-17-2007 08:28 PM

and the rest to his church

Clayton 07-17-2007 08:29 PM

bargaining on a card with jesus makes you suck at life. i dislike "those kind of christians". i also dislike all fanatics. i think yang would be bad for poker, unless he donates everything to christianity at which point it's hard to argue that he's bad for poker. dumb scenario either way.