Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Squeeze with KK, good flop but he just don't care... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533915)

Gorilla Boy 10-29-2007 05:49 PM

Re: Squeeze with KK, good flop but he just don\'t care...

[ QUOTE ]
OK to all the pushers, tell me why he's making this tiny raise on me after I put in a huge PF raise and then a flop value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

From his preflop play it's clear he's probably bad, so it follows I'm happy to get it in here.

13_Xerxes 10-29-2007 05:57 PM

lol, hi 55^^

*push, no brainer*

ddubois 10-30-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
poosh, its drawy and if he's dumb enough to setmine here its not profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I mean, everyone here is saying shove. They're kinda deep, and he's calling 38 to win like 525.

I know the argument is going to be that OP won't always stack off when villain hits a set, since it's "just a squeeze", but I don't know if that applies here. OP is nitty and squeezing an UTG raise, his range should be really strong, not wide.

The other arguement is that sets don't always win, which is reasonable. I wonder: Exactly what is the threshold of stacks sizes where calling 38 is profitable?

ipokeder 10-30-2007 01:10 AM

The poker games are loose, so just go all in www.lolwtf.com

ImsaKidd 10-30-2007 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Really? I mean, everyone here is saying shove. They're kinda deep, and he's calling 38 to win like 525.

I know the argument is going to be that OP won't always stack off when villain hits a set, since it's "just a squeeze", but I don't know if that applies here. OP is nitty and squeezing an UTG raise, his range should be really strong, not wide.

The other arguement is that sets don't always win, which is reasonable. I wonder: Exactly what is the threshold of stacks sizes where calling 38 is profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to factor in stuff like hero getting set over set on villain, boards like Axx where hero isnt felting KK, and flushdraw boards where hero has a lot more equity. Im too lazy to do the math though.

Pete H 10-30-2007 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anything little over 100bb is not deep.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Calling is profitable with these stacks if hero folds an overpair for a miniraise.

The exact setmining odds depend on what hero felts here + the things choo choo mentioned. I'm in the too lazy to do the math camp.

ScoobyDooo 10-30-2007 03:17 AM

you gotsta go ALLLL INNN BABY!!!!!!

ddubois 10-31-2007 02:13 PM

It's kinda stupid to debate whether 125bb deserves the moniker "kinda deep", isn't it?

The Velour Fog 10-31-2007 03:31 PM

good thread imo

Big_Rob 10-31-2007 11:07 PM

I think your preflop reraise is too small, and on that premise I fold to his flop raise because we gave him great odds pf