Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   When to 3-bet and when to just call??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450310)

PantsOnFire 07-16-2007 11:28 AM

Re: When to 3-bet and when to just call???

[ QUOTE ]
Do not reraise with any of these.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reraising with these hands would be considered a steal/resteal or some form of advertising. They are certainly not value re-raises.

FooSH 07-16-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Reraising with these hands would be considered a steal/resteal or some form of advertising. They are certainly not value re-raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

88, 99 and KQs are almost certainly ahead of the villians ranges, remember that the PFR% is across all positions, from the CO or OTB it's much higher.

Snygaard 07-16-2007 01:17 PM

Wow you guess are passive nits

MrX5000 07-17-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed with some exceptions...for instance in a tournament or sng when the table starts to shrink..

FooSH 07-17-2007 07:27 AM

When a 32/24 raises from the CO or OTB he's raising low suited gappers, junk aces, suited kings, any pair. A hand like 99 is so ahead of that range its crazy.

Also don't think you have the implied odds to hit your set, a range a wide as that is just going to c-bet then fold 2/3rds of the time. If your thinking of taking it away post flop thats fine, but that can be expensive to do OOP.

Get the money in when your ahead, increase your FE, profit.

drzen 07-17-2007 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's kind of what I meant. There's thin value in a couple of them, but most of them you're OOP with probably a slightly better hand than the raiser.

drzen 07-17-2007 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

88, 99 and KQs are almost certainly ahead of the villians ranges, remember that the PFR% is across all positions, from the CO or OTB it's much higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because all I care about is being ahead of villain's range. I love having a ton of money in with a medium pair OOP.

drzen 07-17-2007 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When a 32/24 raises from the CO or OTB he's raising low suited gappers, junk aces, suited kings, any pair. A hand like 99 is so ahead of that range its crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and read the question again. The 99 hand does not raise that light. 88 is the closest decision in my view, but I'd rather call and see the flop with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Also don't think you have the implied odds to hit your set, a range a wide as that is just going to c-bet then fold 2/3rds of the time. If your thinking of taking it away post flop thats fine, but that can be expensive to do OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 99 in the BB, I prefer to call and see what the flop brings. I'm not really looking to hit a set.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your money in OOP, get called, feel obliged to bet out because you have the betting lead, bye bye profit.

mvdgaag 07-17-2007 08:31 AM

Here's what I'd do... some things might be bad, if so I'd love comments.

1. KQs in BB, 32/24 raises from button, what's our move...

3bet

2. JTs in SB, 18/12 raises from CO.....

fold

3. 78s in BB, 24/17 raises from button.....

fold

4. KJos on button, 32/24 raises from CO.....

fold, sometimes raise

5. 88 on button, 32/24 raises from CO.....

mostly raise, sometimes call and fit or fold

6. AQs on CO, 18/12 raises from UTG.....

mostly 3bet, sometimes flatcall (depending on dynamics)

7. 99 on BB, 24/17 raises from button....

sometimes 3bet, sometimes call for set value

8. 45s on button, 24/17 raises from the CO....

mostly fold, sometimes flat call, sometimes 3bet

FooSH 07-17-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back and read the question again. The 99 hand does not raise that light. 88 is the closest decision in my view, but I'd rather call and see the flop with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My bad, but 99 is still way ahead of 24/17 range aswell. Seeing a flop oop without initiative and no idea of your opponents hand just means you will have to fold a lot of flops. There is nothing you can do when the overcards hit and he scoops the pot with 56s.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With 99 in the BB, I prefer to call and see what the flop brings. I'm not really looking to hit a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but if you want to play poker here, you need more information about their hand and the ability to control the pot, tough to do oop.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get your money in OOP, get called, feel obliged to bet out because you have the betting lead, bye bye profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

By betting out on the flop you have created a situation with a greater EV than if you just called.

Many TAGgy villians overestimate their implied odd in these spots and will call any pair and most SCs, only to fold to your c-bet. (and even if they do hit, you can still get away EV intact)