Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Conversation that made me laugh (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=336585)

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:42 AM

Re: Conversation that made me laugh

You people dont have walking-around money?? I mean you NEED to have a couple G's on you in case something goes down, often of the gambling nature. Can't win hundreds off people in Trivial Pursuit as my friend does with 80 in your wallet.

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:44 AM

beat: i have $27.50 in my wallet
double beat: it's Canada monies

danzasmack 02-20-2007 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You people dont have walking-around money?? I mean you NEED to have a couple G's on you in case something goes down, often of the gambling nature. Can't win hundreds off people in Trivial Pursuit as my friend does with 80 in your wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ,

I'd really like to meet you in person, but at like a party or even like a mutual friend's wedding. We can get a drink, I'll pay for the 1st one. When you pay for the 2nd one and pull out the 5k in your pocket, I can ask "oh are you going to play the poker after?" When you tell me "no" an I ask you why you have all that money just please, please say:

"In case something goes down."

But srsylyl I keep that much cashohol in my front pocket or in the inside pocket of my jacket, never in a wallet. Though the private games I play in, they pay out in $5k bills.

jkkkk 02-20-2007 10:47 AM

I only have £200 in my wallet, beat, brag or variance?

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:49 AM

if you want to make huge prop bets, you are probably going to do it with people you know right? So why not just say 'i owe you a hundo' or something

bdams19 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

triple beat: you carry change? or do canadian paper monies go down to as little as half a dollar?

AJFenix 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

AJ,

I'd really like to meet you in person, but at like a party or even like a mutual friend's wedding. We can get a drink, I'll pay for the 1st one. When you pay for the 2nd one and pull out the 5k in your pocket, I can ask "oh are you going to play the poker after?" When you tell me "no" an I ask you why you have all that money just please, please say:

"In case something goes down."

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you got it bud. The party will be in Vancouver soon enough.

[ QUOTE ]

But srsylyl I keep that much cashohol in my front pocket or in the inside pocket of my jacket, never in a wallet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.

bones 02-20-2007 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you want to make huge prop bets, you are probably going to do it with people you know right? So why not just say 'i owe you a hundo' or something

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't light credit on fire to show off ballerness.

[Phill] 02-20-2007 10:52 AM

Lol

Huge prop bets != I owe you a hundo

Gildwulf 02-20-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

triple beat: you carry change? or do canadian paper monies go down to as little as half a dollar?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/3 of that is change...remember Canada has toonies ($2 coins) and loonies ($1 coins). It's impossible to avoid carrying change in Canada.