Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   How birth order effects your life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556456)

SL__72 11-28-2007 04:31 PM

Re: How birth order effects your life

That works pretty well to describe me and my younger brother I think.

wet work 11-28-2007 05:00 PM

OP,

I kind of see this already in my two kids(girls 4/6), as far as the examples you mentioned. The older girl is bright and already excelling in school. The younger one is a maniac on her bike etc., kind of goofy and we're having more of a challenge getting her interested in the educational stuff that came naturally to the older one.

Dids 11-28-2007 07:08 PM

Still an Eli Manning thread

mike0292 11-28-2007 07:09 PM

Wow so true in my family

xxThe_Lebowskixx 11-28-2007 07:17 PM

i always figured the younger siblings would be smarter because they had more interaction.

James282 11-29-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i always figured the younger siblings would be smarter because they had more interaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but the article also points out that the older siblings benefit from the intelligence gained by having to teach the younger siblings and look after them. As someone who tutored a lot of my idiot frat brothers for tests, I can attest to how much that increased my understanding of things!

James

lippy 11-29-2007 01:03 AM

Mostly true in my family, but I am slightly more intelligent than my otherwise worldly brother.

I see this in other families as well that I am close to.

Aren't there a lot more characteristics that seem to be partially defined, or at least shaped, by birth order?

mikech 11-29-2007 01:38 AM

there was a book written on this called "born to rebel." ben franklin is an example the author used, being the youngest son of the youngest son for five generations.

traz 11-29-2007 01:49 AM

Seems pretty accurate for my family. I have 2 older sisters...oldest one is a hardworking go-getter with a Harvard MBA...i'm a lazy poker player...looks like all signs point to me being busto in the future.

But at least I'm funnier!

Nielsio 11-29-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty accurate for my family. I have 2 older sisters...oldest one is a hardworking go-getter with a Harvard MBA...i'm a lazy poker player...looks like all signs point to me being busto in the future.

But at least I'm funnier!

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha