Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Dun wanna miss a value bet on the river, with top T pair, mid kicker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553470)

ckj 11-25-2007 02:07 PM

Re: Dun wanna miss a value bet on the river, with top T pair, mid kick

Don't forget the backdoor straight draw which is worth like .5-1 outs.

kerowo 11-25-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. The games haven't gotten so rocky that you have to push these tiny edges. The bet and raise is good indication that if you aren't drawing dead you have kicker problems and are drawing to two pair or runner runner. Calling 2 with a hand this weak without really good reads is -EV.

Aaron W. 11-25-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. The games haven't gotten so rocky that you have to push these tiny edges. The bet and raise is good indication that if you aren't drawing dead you have kicker problems and are drawing to two pair or runner runner. Calling 2 with a hand this weak without really good reads is -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. When it's otherwise close, fold for two.

tiltaholic 11-25-2007 03:40 PM

3-bet the flop?

neurotiq 11-25-2007 04:49 PM

I fold the flop when it's bet and raised in front of me.

maverickai 11-25-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

... to find out where I'm standing? And fold to a cap? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

maverickai 11-25-2007 10:46 PM

Well, actually I'm trying to apply what I learnt in SSHE, where when counting outs, back door draws can turn a folding hand, into one which you can peel. And I'm doing that here. If there's no back door outs, I would have folded.

00Snitch 11-25-2007 11:00 PM

uhhh, these backdoor outs shouldn't be counted for even half an out.

to start with, it is a 2-gapper which comes in some stupidly small percentage of the time. i think it's around 1.5%.

a theoretical one card draw will come in slightly less that 5% of the time, so a draw that comes in 1.5% of the time is woth significantly less that one out.

secondly, this isn't even a genuine 2-gapper, it is a 1 card 2-gapper which means that you will have limited implied odds if you do hit it (because it looks so obvious) and there is a much higher chance of splitting the pot.

3rdly, it's not even to the nuts.

OziBattler 11-25-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After 121 hands you should know by know if he's capable of being this aggressive with AK, but it looks more like the board pairing has made him scared for his overpair. I doubt you're ahead here, so just check behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

orly? I disagree. Look at MP2s stats, especially his aggro factos...this guy is SO betting the river if he has an overpair. I think there is value in betting this river...you might get a curiousity call with AK, 88, 99 etc

did you bet and he CRed?

[ QUOTE ]
Hands I lose:
QQ 2 hands
JJ 2 hands
AT 8 hands
Total hands = 12

[/ QUOTE ]

as I mentioned....I think he bets all of these hands on the river. I know i would in his spot and his aggro is higher than mine. Maybe his aggro is high because he folds too much or when he has A high. Mav, any reads on his Showdown standards?

tiltaholic 11-26-2007 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

... to find out where I'm standing? And fold to a cap? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. i was being serious...
it seems that this is an auto-raise for villain, and you can easily have the best hand on the flop.