Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   2+2er Nike Plus running group - who's in? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295947)

Entity 01-01-2007 11:57 PM

Re: 2+2er Nike Plus group

[ QUOTE ]
kyleb,

where are you from? i work out at 24 in san diego.

entity,

thanks so much for linking to this - i had never paid much attention to it but it sounds very cool and like it really could help motivate for running. i usually stay away from running and use the treadclimber+stairstepper+elliptical instead because i think running is v hard, but this would definitely be motivating.

what if you don't have a nano? i have an ipod video - will it work for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will only work with a Nano, unfortunately. People have asked Apple about this and there is apparently no plan to make it work with other hard-drive based Ipods. I've heard various reasons for this but the most likely seems that they don't want to encourage people to be jogging with hard-drive based units.

fluffpop62 01-02-2007 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fluffpop62,

Do you elliptical more backwards than you do forwards?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, elliptical is my least favorite out of all the machines. I use it at the end of my workouts because it's a consistent calorie burner (I feel like even if I'm exhausted after doing other cardio, I burn the same amount of calories as I do when it's the first thing I work out on - stairstepper, though, the more energy I have the better workout I get).

Funny that you ask, because I read in a magazine that you burn more calories going backwards, but when I tried to compare it w/ 5 minutes forward v. 5 minutes backward it was the same amount of calories.

If anybody gets the chance, the TreadClimber is the most fun you can have while working out (IMHO, obviously).

AE6 01-02-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kyleb,

entity,

thanks so much for linking to this - i had never paid much attention to it but it sounds very cool and like it really could help motivate for running. i usually stay away from running and use the treadclimber+stairstepper+elliptical instead because i think running is v hard, but this would definitely be motivating.

what if you don't have a nano? i have an ipod video - will it work for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will only work with a Nano, unfortunately. People have asked Apple about this and there is apparently no plan to make it work with other hard-drive based Ipods. I've heard various reasons for this but the most likely seems that they don't want to encourage people to be jogging with hard-drive based units.

[/ QUOTE ]
damn. i would totally do this otherwise.

oh well, i think it's definitely a good idea and it'd be sweet if you could get a 2+2 group going.

kyleb 01-02-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kyleb,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hotness, we should meet up sometime.

Er, I work out in Seattle. Entity lives here too.

And I think you need a Nano to use the NikePlus feature, but I'm not sure. Give your local store a call!

kyleb 01-02-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The device unfortunately won't count elliptical miles as it counts mileage based on footstrike (it's just a geeky pedometer that connects to an ipod and syncs with playlists, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sons of bitches. Oh well, maybe I'll buy it anyway. I still run a few miles a week, but I intersperse the sessions with elliptical miles too.

Thremp 01-02-2007 12:12 AM

I think people look retarded going backwards on the elliptical. It seems utterly pointless.

AE6 01-02-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think people look retarded going backwards on the elliptical. It seems utterly pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]
the point ain't to look good, sweetheart.

fluffpop62 01-02-2007 12:18 AM

oh, that's why you asked?

rest assured i look retarded on all machines; i have fallen off of ellipticals multiple times.

Thremp 01-02-2007 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oyah, I forgot. The impracticality is outweighed by the extra 3 calories you burn an hour which is immediately offset by the extra slice of pie they have with dinner.

AE6 01-02-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oyah, I forgot. The impracticality is outweighed by the extra 3 calories you burn an hour which is immediately offset by the extra slice of pie they have with dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]
hell yeah dude. have fun not eating pie