Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant] (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=47823)

Los Feliz Slim 02-27-2006 02:33 PM

Re: If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Massachusetts, where the roads are far too crowded to designate one lane for just passing, and where directionals are a sign of weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned to drive there and honed my battle skills on 128 during rush hour. I can tell you that murderously aggressive driving, as in MA, is way better than stone-dumb mongoloid driving, as in CA.

hoyasnaxa 02-27-2006 02:34 PM

Its also okay to slam on the brakes so that they run into you.

Dan BRIGHT 02-27-2006 02:35 PM

im a fast driver in the left tlate, im always passing someone, wee

wonderwes 02-27-2006 02:35 PM

Houston is the freeway capital. Besides LA, we probably have the most amount of freeways going every which direction. Most are 4 lane.

I don't mind getting out of the way of someone wanting to speed ahead. However if I see in my rear view that the car speeding up is sharply cutting off cars and not using his blinkers at all, I will try to box that guy in. Nothing extreme, but your turn signal makes a hige difference.

Simple equation in population terms:
Bad Drivers > Smart Drivers.

Slow Play Ray 02-27-2006 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's make this a generic ranting about idiot drivers thread.

TURN SIGNALS ARE VERY USEFUL TO INDICATE TO OTHER DRIVERS YOUR INTENTIONS PRIOR TO MAKING A TURN

For instance: if you are approaching an intersection and intend to turn left, activate your left turn signal before reaching the intersection. Not turning your signal on at all doesn't work, neither does activating it WHILE making the turn.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of my driving pet peeves is when people hit the brakes before they turn on their turn signal. there is a highly logical order of events to turning that nobody seems to understand:

1) decide to turn
2) activate turn signal
3) slow car down to appropriate speed
4) turn

acoustix 02-27-2006 02:36 PM

The Mass Pike is the roadway equivalent of Thunderdome.

slamdunkpro 02-27-2006 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Massachusetts, where the roads are far too crowded to designate one lane for just passing, and where directionals are a sign of weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]

D.C. - where rush hour is a full contact sport!

Slow Play Ray 02-27-2006 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the weston tolls to the allston/brighton tolls, yes. the rest is just like any other highway.

DMBFan23 02-27-2006 02:38 PM

in DC, traffic is too [censored] to have any system for passing or whatever. but where this does apply, like in non-rush hour times, or on less busy roads, I agree.

IF YOURE IN THE LEFT LANE AND SOMEONE IS BEHIND YOU, GET THE EFF OVER AND LET THEM PASS.

acoustix 02-27-2006 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the weston tolls to the allston/brighton tolls, yes. the rest is just like any other highway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and good luck if you need to pee or get a drink because it's about 30 miles between each freakin' exit. I hate the Mass Pike.