Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Flushing urinals with your feet (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373791)

gumpzilla 04-06-2007 01:42 PM

Re: Flushing urinals with your feet

[ QUOTE ]

Also isn't the urinal flush lever really high? How the hell do you reach that with your foot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He pretty much wound up and kicked it. It seemed awkward as hell to me.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:43 PM

my reply was not intended to be funny. i can't ever remember seeing a urinal that had a button to flush it. am i just somehow overlooking their existence?

trapsetter 04-06-2007 01:43 PM

Most urinals I use (the ones at work anyway) have laser sensors that know when you're walking away, and they flush automatically. If I had to flush a urinal, i'd probably use the back of my hand and then wash it thoroughly.

In a stall, I always use my feet, no questions asked.

The other thing I do is after I wash my hands, I dry them with paper towel and then keep the paper towel on my hands when i grab the door handle to exit, and then throw the paper towel away somewhere outside the bathroom. There's a ton of piss on that door handle as well, not to mention the faucets.

I guess at the end of the day you're going to come into some contact with other people's waste matter, but i'd like to limit that as much as possible.

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 01:44 PM

This is another one of those small things that give away a person's true douchey inside.

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my reply was not intended to be funny. i can't ever remember seeing a urinal that had a button to flush it. am i just somehow overlooking their existence?

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently. Maybe you thought the big lever above all pre-autodetect urinals was just for decoration?

mbillie1 04-06-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... they all flush. Some have an automated sensor, some have a lever and some have a button. Some have a continuous flow. But virtually all urinals have a user-operated flushing mechanism...

Patrick del Poker Grande 04-06-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also isn't the urinal flush lever really high? How the hell do you reach that with your foot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He pretty much wound up and kicked it. It seemed awkward as hell to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I always hope these idiots slip and fall over on the bathroom floor when they try to do this.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:48 PM

obviously i know about the automated sensor ones.

don't some just flush automatically every 5 mins or so and have no button/lever whatever?

now i think harder i have probably seen a big silver button above the urinal once or twice (and pressed it), but it seems to be incredibly rare in the places i frequent.

Yeti 04-06-2007 01:52 PM

me : how often do you see a button/lever hwatever
me : to flush a urinal
him : only abroad
me : ok so its not just me

Homer 04-06-2007 01:52 PM

I use my feet sometimes, but I don't wind up and kick it or anything.