Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   WVU @ USF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511269)

MicroBob 09-28-2007 05:38 PM

Re: WVU @ USF

Strong Opinion
Best Bet

Meaning that he likeys USF here...but he doesn't super-duper likey USF.

Thremp 09-28-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Strong Opinion
Best Bet

Meaning that he likeys USF here...but he doesn't super-duper likey USF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ. I'll keep this in mind if I ever go tout. I'll make random plays. Label them with annoying acronyms and then hope I run hot.

Austiger 09-28-2007 05:58 PM

USF +7 -105

prad 09-28-2007 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
am i the only one liking the over here???

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like the over. If USF beats the spread, and that seems to be the popular pick here, it'll have to go over. I can't see USF stopping the running game.

Another side note, kinda surprised its gone to 7.5. I would have that Dr. Bob's SO would have pushed it the other way.

rsigley 09-28-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like the over. If USF beats the spread, and that seems to be the popular pick here, it'll have to go over. I can't see USF stopping the running game.

Another side note, kinda surprised its gone to 7.5. I would have that Dr. Bob's SO would have pushed it the other way.

[/ QUOTE ]

iirc didn't usf hold slaten/white to like 30 yards each last time they played or in 05

iggymcfly 09-28-2007 06:34 PM

I think the books move the lines on air for his best bets anticipating a bunch of action about to come in but wait for the action to actually come before doing anything with the opinions. Dr. Bob's been running cold enough recently that people probably aren't looking to add on the plays of his that don't even make the best bet category.

Also, with out a Dr. Bob presence, it was kind of a lock that the squares would start betting WVU up on gameday. Everyone I've talked to that knows a little bit about college football but nothing about sports betting thinks the line is too low.

LixNation 09-28-2007 06:56 PM

I don't think it's random tout talk. As a former Bob subscriber I'm going to be a little fuzzy on the details, but here's the difference:

Strong opinion: 54%-56% chance of covering in his opinion. So, profitable but he technically doesn't play it.

Best Bet: 56%+ of covering. He supposedly plays these with his own money.

In short, the labels have a mathematical base. I learned a lot about handicapping from Bob when I used him. The information alone is very good. If you have the time to handicap properly there isn't much need for his service, but most people I don't think could do it properly if they wanted to. Just my two cents.

Tragichero 09-28-2007 06:58 PM

I put just about two units on WVU to cover at -7. I love Ray Jay Stadium though and wish I were there for this one. If I was going I'd probably be betting on USF, lol.

Record
NFL 1-1 (+.3)
NCAA 1-1 (-.4)

MicroBob 09-28-2007 07:11 PM

My donk parlay of the day is taking the ML on USF and the over.
Go USF!!!!

ActionTodd 09-28-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I took o55.5