Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ATs hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523213)

gaming_mouse 10-16-2007 01:50 AM

Re: ATs hand

[ QUOTE ]
c/r turn, lead river. What else is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a J bet if when you check to them? What hands would you be calling down with here?

Orthognathic 10-16-2007 03:49 AM

Agree with Hock_. This is a discussion-worthy spot. It might be an interesting situation to figure out which of the other two players has the stronger hand.

Scary that Hock_ is smooth calling. I didn't know he had a call button!

baronzeus 10-16-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Scary that Hock_ is smooth calling. I didn't know he had a call button!

[/ QUOTE ]

he just likes to agree with sharks like me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

joker122 10-16-2007 10:58 AM

i'm sure if you stove ATs against these 2 guys' ranges i have plenty of equity to cap. also i think the post flop FE i gain from capping is not negligible because one has to at least somewhat respect a semi-cold cap.

j4lvlie 10-16-2007 03:14 PM

Call it down

AAlphamale 10-27-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
co opens, btn 3bets, i cap in the bb w/ AcTc.

flop 77J w/ 1 club, i bet, co raises, btn calls, i call.

turn is an A, putting 2 hearts up.

plan for turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, let's get this straight.

Preflop there is a raise and a reraise before you. You have AT suited which is nice hand to raise when no-one has raised yet. But now it seems likely that you are dominated and with-out position (their hands are maybe JJ-AA, AK, AQ, AJs). You could have called for one bet more, maybe even for two bet more, but there is a danger of cap from the original raiser. I would fold here.

Now. Flop missed you completely. Still you bet?? Board is paired, the other two players have two pair or a full house, or at least better overcards then you. Raise from original raiser and call from button, your hand is no good here. You are drawing dead. The turn A makes things even worse. I would say co has AA-KK and button has JJ which he is slowplaying, or vice versa (button is playing AA-KK weakly), or button has AK-AQ, AJs (most likely). So there may be a boat-over-boat situation and you are just shovelling dead money to the pot. Either way, you are beaten in several possible ways. Have you played much? I think you should start by practicing from $.50/$1 or $1/2 levels. Small Stakes Hold 'Em is a book I would recommend you to read.

But it's nice to notice that the players at limits this high can be as bad as their small stakes colleagues; there will be shortage of fish when I get my bankroll big enough for high stakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

AAlphamale 10-27-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there will be shortage of fish when I get my bankroll big enough for high stakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

shoulda said: no shortage. oh well.

AffleckKGB 10-27-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But it's nice to notice that the players at limits this high can be as bad as their small stakes colleagues; there will be shortage of fish when I get my bankroll big enough for high stakes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling there will always be at least one fish at your table.

Orthognathic 10-27-2007 08:49 PM

Affleck... You should know by now that TeamMCO only raises AA or KK in the cutoff. Doughnutz only 3 bets with either AA or KK also but for sure he has JJ or 77 here since he had to flop nuts or second nuts in order to smooth call [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

I am still curious what imissparty had here. I do agree that he probably did lose the hand, but I wish AAlpha's thought process was more prevalent in high limit players!

Dankenstein 10-31-2007 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling there will always be at least one fish at your table.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol