Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   owner of house i am renting disappears off face of earth (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546566)

SmokeyRidesAgain 11-15-2007 02:27 AM

Re: owner of house i am renting disappears off face of earth

[ QUOTE ]
Strange. I guess she is on the run from Po-Lease.

[/ QUOTE ]

LO- actually that joke is terrible.

tuq 11-15-2007 02:28 AM

Just buy the house at the foreclosure auction or try to rent it from whoever does.

She's probably a Colts fan. Typical.

sublime 11-15-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just buy the house at the foreclosure auction or try to rent it from whoever does.

She's probably a Colts fan. Typical.

[/ QUOTE ]

thing is the house is valued at like 750k....i LIKE the house but for that kind of money a nukka better love it.

the second action requires cooperation from another party. which i hope they are down for cuz i hate moving like i hate people from Indianapolis.

jaydub 11-15-2007 02:36 AM

sublime,

As described this is not an eviction, this is a foreclosure and very different laws apply. Talk to a local lawyer who will most likely tell you to stop paying rent and pack your [censored].

Feel free to trash the place in interesting ways as such behavior is standard. Perhaps that can be interesting, how best to [censored] the lender who is foreclosing.

J

sublime 11-15-2007 02:37 AM

so i found her sister on one of those people finder sites. should i pay for info? i kinda want to know WTF is up...otoh at this point does it matter?

sublime 11-15-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

As described this is not an eviction, this is a foreclosure and very different laws apply. Talk to a local lawyer who will most likely tell you to stop paying rent and pack your [censored].

Feel free to trash the place in interesting ways as such behavior is standard. Perhaps that can be interesting, how best to [censored] the lender who is foreclosing.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what im scared of....the lender is probably big business and could give a [censored] less about the next 6 months rent.

jafeather 11-15-2007 02:43 AM

I was interested until the Indy/Colts jokes came into play.

Now I hope you have to move out tomorrow and all your stuff gets auctioned.

(actually...best of luck..this is a totaly f'd up situation)

jaydub 11-15-2007 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sublime,

J

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what im scared of....the lender is probably big business and could give a [censored] less about the next 6 months rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what's the name on the letterhead?

J

sublime 11-15-2007 02:46 AM

freemont investment and loan

which doesnt appear to have a NV office

johnnylovescandy 11-15-2007 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also fwiw i originally thought she was avoiding our calls because i told her to wear something sexy when she came to pick up mail (which she has never done).

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

oh that sent her over the edge and she stopped paying her mortgage and had her house foreclosed on and severed her relationship with her business?

diagf

i dont know why i even posted it, it has nothing to do with sit at hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's still a pretty asinine comment to make to your landlord. I imagine foreclosures are stacking up in Anthem, and you're not the only renter caught in the middle. Call a lawyer and find out your rights.