Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   HULA? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=527631)

mntbikr15 10-21-2007 09:43 PM

Re: HULA?

[ QUOTE ]
stakes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill suggest 1k?

No clue what past ones have been

JDalla 10-22-2007 01:01 AM

*express interest*

Zobags 10-22-2007 01:47 AM

I'm in.

JacksonTens 10-22-2007 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This ends up happening randomly whenever someone wants to take responsibility and organize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I am a phenomenal tournament organiser (I organise our family botche tournament every christmas) I am currently in exams so I won't be able to do it for a few weeks, if at all.

1. However, I just wanted to clarify that HULA was/is a team event. I would suggest teams of 4.

2. Team selection should be via draft simply previously organised? I think in the past it has been via draft.
Perhaps people can enter a team, and anyone who is a 'freeagent' can be picked up in the draft?

3. However this would make it like a league, that would take months and my understanding is that HULA is like a 4week thing.

4.i. I think we should have a 32 team max. Using the same format as the World Cup. i.e round robin then elimination phase

ii. Or perhaps a double eliminatin format ala 'Mighty Ducks 2'
(this is quite good altho this movie explains the format rather poorly'

5. In reference to Mbiker, I think the entry fee per palyer should be smaller. This is not supposed to be an 'elite only' event and a 1k price tag will remove alot of players. We want it to be like the FA Cup where some average .5/1 guy vs Hoss_TBF for a 30mins match and wins!

6. Ok so Yeah, please everyone reply with their thoughts and input and if we get all the teams and stuff organised I may be bothered putting a fixture together!

JT

MrGatorade 10-22-2007 04:51 AM

I will play as long as no bots are allowed.

-Crazy Mike

Nietzsche 10-22-2007 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will play as long as no bots are allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn, I can't play then.

veganmav 10-22-2007 10:04 AM

i'm in

noles321 10-22-2007 10:46 AM

count me in....

mntbikr15 10-22-2007 10:49 AM

JacksonTens,

Given that this IS Mid-High stakes I dont think 1k is to outta line.

Id prefer to have something decent on the line in the hopes that everone takes it seriously.

If we only put like 100 bucks in I could see some of the better players not caring, and as such the matches being not as much fun

danzasmack 10-22-2007 10:55 AM

JacksonTens what you've proposed will never work.

"1. However, I just wanted to clarify that HULA was/is a team event. I would suggest teams of 4."

Bad idea. You want an odd number. 5 is the way to go.

"2. Team selection should be via draft simply previously organised? I think in the past it has been via draft.
Perhaps people can enter a team, and anyone who is a 'freeagent' can be picked up in the draft?"

The draft is the only thing that makes it fair. Being able to enter a team would not be fair to many IMO.

"3. However this would make it like a league, that would take months and my understanding is that HULA is like a 4week thing.

4.i. I think we should have a 32 team max. Using the same format as the World Cup. i.e round robin then elimination phase"

This will fade away/never be finished. HULA was like 5 weeks last year and I didn't even play all my matches (a lot of people didn't).

"This is not supposed to be an 'elite only' "

Meh.

Sounds like you don't want to start HULA. You want to start a HU league of sorts.

And if we ARE going to do HULA we will need to contact Victor who has the current HULA trophy as captain of the winning team.